Coming from behind, Bromley claimed a well deserved play-off victory at Woking in front of a sell-out crowd.

All of the early action was in the Woking half. Bromley talisman Michael Cheek had the first effort when meeting Omar Sowumni’s long throw. His header may have been going wide of the near post but Will Jaaskelainen didn’t take any chance and pushed it round the post.

Ryan Stirk created the next opening when he swung in a corner, Sowumni headed back across goal, and Deji Elerewe met it with a firm header but straight at Jaaskelainen. Another corner presented a further chance for the Ravens when it fell to Louis Dennis whose low shot was saved by the Woking goalkeeper.

Stirk’s through ball created further difficulties for the hosts but Jaaskelainen was out quickly to clear before the Cardinals went ahead with their first real chance. Josh Casey’s throw found Marcus Dackers who held it up. Although he couldn’t get a shot away, it came out to Rohan Ince and he crashed home an unstoppable shot from twenty yards.

Undaunted, Bromley continued to press and Stirk curled in a low cross that picked out Dennis but he could only fire straight at Jaaskelainen. Jim Kellerman had a hopeful effort well off target for Woking and that proved to be the end of the action for him as he departed with an injury shortly after.

Yet again Stirk caused Woking difficulties with a free kick that Callum Reynolds headed across goal but just out of the reach of Elerewe, then Reynolds sliced a shot that hit a surprised Cheek and rebounded into the grateful arms of the Woking goalkeeper.

Cheek headed wide following good work by Dennis and Corey Whitely that had caused a desperate clearance out of Scott Cuthbert, and Bromley came even closer just before half time. Jaaskelainen pulled off a brilliant save from Cheek’s shot and it came out to Kellen Fisher who hit it sweetly only for Casey to throw his body on the line to block it.

After the break, Dackers hit a snap-shot wide before Padraig Amond twice came close to extending the Cardinals’ lead. Dackers sent him in behind and Sowumni made a brilliant block. It came back out and Amond curled it towards the far post only for Reice Charles-Cook to dive full length and push it around the post.

Having weathered the storm, Bromley levelled on the hour mark. Dan Moss dived in unnecessarily on Whiteley just inside the corner of the penalty area and referee Lewis Smith pointed to the spot. Despite the best efforts of Casey to distract penalty taker Cheek, he remained calm and sent Jaaskelainen the wrong way.

Cheek then turned provider when heading back to Fisher but he couldn’t get a clean strike before the Ravens went ahead with thirteen minutes remaining. Sowumni’s long throw reached Elewere and time seemed to stand still as his header floated inside the far post.

Deflated Woking tried to pull themselves back into the game but Bromley’s defence held firm and Charles-Cook was not called upon to make another save.

Andy Woodman’s team will now visit Chesterfield in an eliminator before the victors of that game travel to Wembley for the play-off decider.

Bromley: Charles-Cook, Reynolds, Topalloj, Fisher, Sowumni, Elewere, Whiteley, Stirk, Cheek, Dennis (Marriott 50), Arthurs. Sub not used: Bingham, Bergkamp, Webster, Forster.