Andy Woodman extended his unbeaten start as manager with Bromley as his side won a gritty three points with victory over Dagenham and Redbridge.

Injury to captain Byron Webster on Easter Monday meant that Woodman had to make one change bringing in Jack Holland, back from an injury of his own.

Will Wright had the first sight of goal for the visitors with a free kick round the wall but straight into the grateful arms of keeper Mark Cousins.

Frankie Raymond whistled a shot just wide for Bromley but Dagenham continued to enjoy more of the territorial advantage and Chris Bush made an important deflection as Paul McCallum’s header back across looked destined for the net.

George Saunders then whipped in a great cross that Holland did well to head wide of his own post as McCallum closed in. Liam Gordon cut in from the left and had a shot blocked by Bush before Elliott Thompson made space for himself but was well off target.

At this stage, the Daggers had totted up five corners to Bromley’s none but it was the hosts who broke the deadlock. Raymond’s clever through ball sent Michael Cheek free and he showed why he is the National League’s leading scorer with a clinical finish.

Bush made another great block to thwart Angelo Balanta before Jack Bridge crossed for Bromley but Liam Vincent was unable to get power on his header and Elliott Justham claimed comfortably.

Kenny Clark worked his way into a good position down the left wing and picked out Wright. His shot was deflected across goal by Holland into the path of McCallum but he had to stretch and could only stab it over.

Just before half time, Balanta came even closer to levelling but Cousins made a brilliant save at close range.

After the interval, the Daggers again looked lively and Matt Robinson had a shot deflected wide before Cheek was unable to make a clean contact on Bridge’s pass and it went harmlessly wide.

Holland went on a long run but over-stretched and strained his hamstring meaning that he had to be withdrawn and replaced by Jude Arthurs.

A Bromley raid was then halted when the referee inadvertently got in the way so a drop kick to the Ravens was awarded. Justham was caught by surprise by Raymond shooting but he recovered to claim at the second attempt. Then Raymond’s deep free kick was headed over by new signing Charlie Fox.

Cousins made a good save low to his left to save from Balanta before McCallum headed just wide from Wright’s cross with the Bromley custodian struggling.

Woodman made his final change with just under twenty minutes remaining bringing on James Alabi for Ben Williamson and the substitute was in immediate action pulling back for Taylor Maloney but he fired well over.

Mauro Vilhete did manage to beat Cousins but the outstanding Bush got back to head off the line then McCallum shat straight at Cousins after it had fallen nicely for him. Vilhete was again denied, this time by a block from Joe Kizzi, covering a t centre back.

Adrian Clifton then had a shot deflected wide by his own man before Cousins’ strong right hand kept out a powerful drive by McCallum.

That proved to be the Daggers’ last real chance as the Ravens enjoyed the better of the final exchanges. Justham made a good save from Alabi’s deflected shot, Raymond had a shot blocked by Saunders and Arthurs fired well over from thirty yards.

Once more Raymond fired over after being set up by Cheek but three minutes into stoppage time Bromley blotted their copybook when Luke Coulson, believing that he had been fouled, said something to the referee that displeased him so much that he showed him a straight red card.

Bromley are back on the road on Tuesday when they visit Woking in the first of three consecutive away games.

Bromley: Cousins, Kizzi, Fox, Maloney, Bush, Holland (Arthurs 54), Vincent (Coulson 46), Raymond, Cheek, Williamson (Alabi 71), Bridge. Subs not used: Duffus, Wakefield.