Ruthless Welling United’s showed Chipstead no mercy as they ensured progression in the F.A. Cup.

Having struggled to score goals in recent weeks, they had no problem in putting the club from two league steps lower to the sword’

It took Welling just four minutes to go ahead. After hitting the post with a header from Joe Anderson’s cross, Adam Coombes put Welling ahead in the fourth minute. Gavin McCallum was the provider and Coombes did the rest firing home at the near post.

Former Wing Malachi Hudson created an opening at the other end when his trickery gave him the opportunity but Tom Collins flicked his header wide.

Coombes headed wide from Anthony Cook’s cross before Bradley Goldberg’s shot was deflected into his path but Josh Gallagher threw himself in front of him to make the block.

An Ejiro Okosieme effort went over before Goldberg robbed Jordan Bird but Oliver Pain made a good save.

It came as no surprise when Welling increased their lead. Cook’s corner found Danny Waldren unmarked in the six yard box and he marked his second Welling debut with a close range header home.

Theo Widdrington collected a short corner from McCallum and crossed but Okosieme headed wide before Goldberg’s endeavour created another opportunity. This time he caught Chris Boulter dithering but his shot was deflected wide.

Cook’s cross was headed wide by Coombes before Welling went three up. Widdrington’s shot fell into the path of Coombes and he made no mistake with a crisp finish.

Pain made a comfortable save from Cook before Welling should have had a penalty when Boulter brought Goldberg down in the penalty area however a free kick was awarded outside the box and Cook fired well wide.

At the break, Chipstead made a double substitution but before the visitors had a chance to settle, they went further ahead. Pain pushed a cross into the path of Cook and he made no mistake with a shot from the edge of the penalty area.

Hudson fired just wide for the visitors before Rob Swaine headed wide from Cook’s corner.

Two substitutes had a clash of heads and went down injured, Josh Oyinsan for Welling and Aaron Miller for Chipstead. Although the Welling man was soon able to return, Chipstead were down to ten when the conceded their fifth. Oyinsan was dragged to the ground in the six yard box and Goldberg stepped up to fire home from the penalty spot.

Oyinsan had a shot saved before Welling scored a sixth. Jack Jebb twisted and turned on the edge of the penalty area before finding Aaron Cosgrave. He played in Goldberg who finished with aplomb.

Jebb added a seventh with a trade mark free kick and Swaine twice came close to making it eight. First he was just unable to touch home a Jebb ball in and then he saw a header cleared off the line by Miller.

Next Saturday Welling return to league action with a return to Hungerford Town.

Welling United: Wilks, Dymond, Anderson, Widdrington, Swaine, Okosieme, Cook, Waldren (Jebb 62), Goldberg, Coombes (Oyinsan 57), McCallum (Cosgrave 54). Subs not used: Rich-Baghuelou, Green, Rooney, Agyemang.