Old Loughtonians men ended their National League Division One season with a 3-3 draw at Canterbury.

The hosts took the lead after only four minutes from a penalty corner but Loughts dominated possession for the next 20 minutes and scored twice just before half time through Conor Caplan's short corner and James Thomas in open play.  

Loughts extended their lead in the third quarter with a second goal from Caplan and looked comfortable as the match neared its conclusion.  

But a series of penalty corners resulted in a second for Canterbury with six minutes left and an equaliser two minutes from time.

Canterbury were awarded yet another penalty corner a minute later but Rob Bloss, playing his last match for the club after over 20 years, and his fellow defenders held firm to secure a point as Loughts finished in fourth place.

The women ended their Conference East season with an exciting draw against high flying Hampstead & Westminster W2s at Luxborough Lane. 

Hampstead began strongly but Loughts were resolute in defence to keep the game goalless in the first quarter as Georgia Davies led the backline with her trademark interceptions. 

The game was halted for an extended period at the start of the second quarter as a Hampstead attacker was struck in the face from a deflected penalty corner.

But eight minutes before until half-time Loughts lost the ball deep in their own half and Hampstead made no mistake in sweeping the ball home to take the lead.

A feisty third quarter saw a real battle in the middle of the park with Hampstead moving the ball impressively and Loughts holding their shape to deny them.

But with only four minutes left in the quarter, Hampstead extended their lead after a fine save from Phoebe Menear was slotted home at the second attempt despite Loughts claiming their goalie was impeded by a dangerous air shot.

Loughts threw themselves into the fourth quarter with gusto and within a minute they had reduced the arrears as Adele Sammons spun away from three defenders and into the D where she struck a drive through the keeper’s legs.

Five minutes from time, Loughts won a penalty corner and Davies’ disguised slap from the top of the D was deflected home by captain and leading scorer Tash Patient. 

To complete their first season back in the National League with a fourth-place finish and only three defeats in the campaign is tribute to the team and head coach Mark Menear.

Club legend Beth Macgregor played her final game for the team after deciding to hang up her stick after over 20 years at the club.

The M2s ended their season on a high with victory over champions Chelmsford.

After months beset by injuries and commitments, Loughts saw Ollie Davies, Harry Kempe and Will Smith fly in the evening before so they could finally field a full-strength team.

And Loughts dominated in all areas, with Martyn Lear, Theo Jayaraj and Andy MacGregor netting to put them 3-0 up after 15 minutes.

It was 4-1 by half-time after Kempe added a fourth from a penalty corner and Sam Bond scored from another corner 10 minutes into the second half to make it 5-1.

With the game won Loughts relaxed and allowed Chelmsford to score three more times.

But after inflicting only Chelmsford’s second defeat of the season, Loughts were left reflecting on what might have been.

The W2s also came away with the points after an equally dominant win over their Chelmsfordrivals.  

Cressida Jamieson opened the scoring and Zara White added a second before the hosts hit back.

Chloe Stack and Jamieson struck after the break as it finished 4-1.  

Chelmsford M4s and M5s won 2-0 and 7-0 respectively against Loughts M4s and M6s Willows Woodsmen, but the W5s won 5-4 at Chelmsford 6s after two goals from Emily Harley.

The M3s also ended the season in style as Ed Padfield scored a hat-trick and Caspian Coupe a fourth as they beat Hertford 1s 4-3.

But the M5s Willows lost 7-3 at Tendring 1s, the M7s Willows Rangers lost 2-1 at Old Southendian 5s and the M8s lost 4-3 against Romford Development.  

The W3s had a difficult final match away against Old Southendian 1s and lost 3-0, as the W4s drew 0-0 against Southend & Benfleet 3s.