Old Loughtonians women earned a thrilling 3-3 draw at Horsham in Conference East on Saturday.

Maddy Newlyn finished clinically within 90 seconds to give Loughts the lead but Horsham, despite having their relegation confirmed, fought back with a penalty corner on eight minutes.  

The final salvo of the first quarter saw Loughts regain the lead after a brilliant run and reverse strike from captain Tash Patient was touched home by Emily Holmes.

The second quarter saw Horsham again utilise a penalty corner opportunity to make it 2-2 at half-time and, as chances came and went for Loughts, the hosts took the lead from another corner five minutes from time.

Loughts won a penalty corner on the final whistle, though, and tried every routine they had as they won another seven corners in overtime.

This included Chloe Menear striking a post and a potential stroke as Horsham blocked a goalbound effort illegally.

Finally the back to injector call came from coach Mark Menear and when the ball was returned to Adele Sammons by Newlyn she smashed it home to secure a vital point.  

Loughts host Hampstead & Westminster W2s this weekend, with the winner taking third place.

The W2s drew 0-0 with Letchworth W1s, but the W3s lost 4-1 to Brentwood W1s and the W4s went down 3-2 at Witham 2s.

The W5s dominated against Thurrock W2s, but their rivals managed to score an early goal on the break and took the points.

The men’s teams all suffered from injuries and absences, with the first team visiting leaders Richmond on Sunday.

Alex Langdon, 16, made his National League debut in goal and Loughts began strongly as Alex Robey scored after just four minutes.

Richmond equalised only for Mark Loughrey to put Loughts back in front just before the end of the first quarter.  

The hosts levelled again in the second quarter, went ahead from a penalty flick and extended their lead to 4-2 at half-time.  

Loughts fought back through Tom Watson only for Richmond to score a fifth.  

With four minutes to go Robey made it 5-4 but Loughts could not capitalise on a last-minute short corner.

Loughts visit Canterbury for the final match of the season with Richmond promoted to the Premier Division for next season.

The makeshift M2s played well against Dereham 1s and took the lead with a well-worked goal from James O’Malley-Kumar.  

A mistake in defence allowed Dereham to hit back but Loughts retook the lead as Matt Lewis managed to squeeze the ball in from a tight angle.

Shortly before half-time Dereham equalised from one of many short corners and another slip allowed two forwards free space to run in and tap the ball home.

Dereham made it 4-2 in the second half with a good strike from the left of the D but despite having no substitutes, and with tired legs, Loughts continued to play good passing hockey and were rewarded for their efforts when a slick penalty corner routine resulted in a goal for Josh Beardwell.  

Loughts pressed on and with five minutes left a flowing move started by Tom Stumbke ended with Lewis equalising.

Dereham went close to winning with a couple of minutes to go but an excellent save from Freddie Goddard from a well-struck penalty corner saved a point for Loughts, who travel to table-topping Chelmsford 1s this weekend.

The M3s also had a bare 11 players and lost 3-0 against Waltham Forest M1s, while a depleted M4s lost 5-1 at Thurrock M1s. 

The M5s Willows drew 2-2 at home with Rochford M1s but the M6s Willows Woodsmen lost 5-0 to Waltham Forest 4s and the M7s lost 4-1 to Maldon 2s.