Enfield Town will have to wait until after February 22 before they receive any clarity on the future of the Isthmian Premier Division.

Town currently sit third in the table, as they were when the league was postponed back in November, but have since stated their preference for declaring the season null and void, as the league look for a solution to the campaign.

In a statement on the club website, chairman Paul Reed said they had received no clarity regarding potential government funding, which they believe would be in a loan, and that with no assurances of progression, there was no point to continuing the season.

“There has been no clarity on government funding to step three clubs [such as Enfield Town]. We believe the vast majority of the money talked about will come in the form of loans, so whatever we can take we’d have to pay back,” he said.

“There are no assurances of promotion and relegation either, so what would we be playing for?”

An update from the FA has said they will wait to hear what the Prime Minister will say regarding an easing of restrictions, that is due to be announced on February 22 before they make any decisions.

They told their member clubs: “We wish to provide the following update to Clubs in relation to the potential continuation or curtailment of the 2020/21 season at Steps 3 to 6 of the National League System (NLS).

The Alliance Committee (Steps 3 & 4) and Leagues Committee (Steps 5 & 6) met on 8 and 9 February, respectively, to discuss the data that was collated following the recent surveys circulated to Clubs at this level of the game.

During discussions, the Committees acknowledged the likelihood that the Prime Minister will set out a ‘roadmap’ to the nation on 22 February as to how Government intend to begin to reduce the current COVID-19 restrictions.

Given that any such update from the Government on 22 February may provide the Committees with additional, relevant information to help determine the preferred route forward, they have agreed to reconvene after this date.

In addition, the Alliance Committee are also conscious of the ongoing process the National League (Steps 1 & 2) are undertaking and the potential impact this could have on any actions the Committee may choose to take.

We will provide an update in due course.”