Extra-time goals from Ken Charles and Muhammadu Faal sent Enfield Town through to the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy after a 4-2 win against Bishop’s Stortford in the replay of Saturday’s tie that ended 1-1.

Jordan Chiedozie’s header had Stortford in front at the break, but Ryan Blackman sent the game to extra time with an equaliser 11 minutes from time.

Shomari Barnwell and Marc Weatherstone scored for their respective sides in the first period of additional time, but Town then went on to win it through Charles and Faal.

The first chance of the game came within the opening seconds as Nathan McDonald denied Barnwell the opener, and he then had to be alert to tip Chiedozie’s free-kick onto the bar.

Stortford’s early pressure paid off after 26 minutes and Chiedozie headed in former Town player Aaron Greene’s cross.

Enfield began the second half much better than they had finished the first, striking the bar through Charles but still conceding too many chances at the other end. McDonald was once again called into action, making himself big to stop a counter attack.

Overall though, it was a deserved equaliser when it finally arrived on 79 minutes as Blackman smashed past Fred Burbidge from a loose ball.

After two sets of 90 minutes couldn’t separate the sides, the tie went to extra time and it was Stortford who looked as though they had the fitness to go the distance.

The energetic Barnwell continued to cause problems and he restored their lead when he turned Weatherstone in the box and fired past McDonald.

Weatherstone made amends shortly after though when he levelled the game again, slamming into the roof of the net at the far post.

Just minutes into the second period of extra time, Town led for the first time on the night when Charles’ effort crept just inside the post despite the best efforts of the Stortford players on the line.

The hosts then made the game safe shortly after when they capitalised on Stortford’s desperate attempts to find an equaliser. Faal was played through by Sam Youngs, and he kept his cool to round Burbidge and tap home the fourth.

Enfield will now face Thatcham Town at home in the next round on Saturday, November 9 but first face an Isthmian Premier Division trip to Bognor Regis Town this weekend.