Enfield Town continued their bright start to the season with a routine 3-1 win over Corinthian Casuals in the Isthmian League Premier Division.

Billy Bricknell opened the scoring and Muhammadu Faal doubled the lead but Shaun Okojie pulled one back before the break.

However, Enfield were able to restore their two-goal cushion in the second half when Faal dinked in his second of the game.

Bricknell, Faal and Ken Charles all started the game with Glenn Wilson and Lewis Taaffe unavailable.

The opening quarter of an hour was a tight affair for both sides, although it was Casuals who came the closest when Nathaniel Pinney was played in by Okojie, but John Muleba put enough pressure on the forward for him to shoot wide.

After that settling-in period, Enfield started to look like the dominant side and, following a good spell of possession, they took the lead in the 18th minute when Bricknell’s shot from the edge of the area deflected past the wrong-footed Danny Bracken.

After Town had a penalty appeal waved away just three minutes later, they shortly had their second when a long diagonal ball was flicked on by Ryan Blackman into the path of Faal, and he bundled home to give his side some leeway.

That leeway was cut almost immediately however, as Casuals broke quickly from an Enfield free-kick, and Mathias Bakare fed Okojie down the left for him to finish neatly past Nathan McDonald.

Charles came close to restoring the two-goal cushion before the break, but his venomous effort crashed back off the crossbar.

Town looked far more composed after the break and could have extended their lead on several occasions before they did just prior to the hour mark.

Sam Hatton lofted a ball out to the right and despite Casuals’ claims of an offside, Faal kept his cool to beat the on-rushing Bracken with a delicate chipped finish into the bottom corner.

Bricknell came close to making it four from a free-kick given after Charles was bundled over, but the former’s effort flow narrowly over the crossbar.

Enfield continued to dominate chances and with seven minutes left, Blackman was found by Scott Thomas, but Bracken got out quickly to smother his effort and keep the scores down.

That proved to be the last real chance for Town in what was a comfortable win for them, moving the side up to fourth in the table with four wins from seven games.

Next up for Town is their hotly-anticipated FA Cup second qualifying round tie with Braintree Town, who were in the National League last season before suffering relegation.