Enfield Town moved up to seventh in the Isthmian League Premier Division after a win and a draw in their two bank holiday weekend matches.

Town opened the weekend with a 2-1 victory away at Leatherhead before drawing 2-2 in the derby against Potters Bar Town on Monday.

In Monday’s encounter, goals from Ken Charles and Muhammadu Faal gave Town a half-time lead after Bradley Sach gave Bar the lead, and he was at it again in the second half to ensure his side took a share of the points.

It only took nine minutes for the opening goal to arrive and it looked as though it was going to be an early dent in the hard work from Saturday’s win for Enfield.

The visitors won a corner, and Sach got up to head in the game’s opening goal and give his side the advantage.

It remained that way for the majority of the first half, but an excellent two-minute spell from the hosts completely turned the game on its head.

Firstly, Charles notched his fifth goal of the season on 40 minutes to level the scores and then, two minutes later, Faal bundled the ball over the line to ensure that Town went into the break in front.

However, less than 15 minutes into the second half, the game’s final goal arrived and it was almost a carbon copy of the first.

Another Bar corner was swung in, and again it was Sach that got up to head in the equaliser to share the points.

Enfield had gone one better on Saturday when they travelled to struggling Leatherhead, scoring twice in the second half to take all three points.

An early Leatherhead goal had Town on the back foot for the first half, but Marc Weatherstone levelled proceedings just after the break before Faal struck in the 80th minute to win it for the visitors.

With just nine minutes on the clock, Leatherhead took the lead when Eddie Dsane received a corner at the near post, turned, and crossed for Jack Skinner to crash a header past Nathan McDonald.

Though they weren’t able to find an equaliser in the first half, it came just three minutes into the second for Enfield when Lewis Taaffe’s corner to the back post was headed in by Weatherstone.

Chances came and went for both side’s in the second period, but the pivotal moment came with 10 minutes to go as Charles picked up the ball on the left, beat two defenders and laid the ball back for Faal to fire home the winner.

The weekend haul of four points moves Enfield to seventh, and their next game comes this Saturday away at Bowers & Pitsea, who are just a point and a place behind Town.