Redbridge continued their winning streak by picking up a third consecutive win on Tuesday, beating Aveley 2-1 in the Ryman League Cup.

The Motormen made the ideal start, taking the lead inside two minutes; Chinedu McKenzie finishing after the hosts surrendered possession to Lee Newton.

Aveley offered little in the way of an attacking threat in the first period and fell further behind when Shane Wallace volleyed home from 20 yards.

Six minutes after the break, the home side did find a route back into the tie when Aaron Gayle beat James Avery in the Redbridge goal.

Vinny Murphy could have sealed the tie, but his free kick was tipped behind by James Marrable in the hosts' goal.

On Saturday, Redbridge moved out of the Ryman Division One North relegation zone after picking up their first home win since August and their second league win in five days.

The Motormen last won at home on August 19, when they beat Burnham Ramblers 4-0, but picked up their second win at Oakside Stadium on Saturday by beating Maldon and Tiptree 4-1.

Charlie Parish gave Dave Ross and Ricky Eaton’s side the lead in the 32nd minute when he powered home a bullet header, but it was not until a frenetic final ten minutes that the second goal arrived.

McKenzie scored in spectacular fashion in the 80th minute to double the hosts’ lead, before Ryan Carolan added a third just two minutes later.

Maldon and Tiptree then found a way back into the game when former Barnet striker Cliff Akurang got one back with five minutes remaining.

Redbridge finally put the contest to bed in the 90th minute when McKenzie netted his second of the afternoon.

Waltham Abbey exited the Ryman League Cup at the first round stage on Tuesday evening, thanks a last-gasp 1-0 defeat to Cheshunt.

Adam Bolle got the game's decisive goal for the manager-less Ambers, sealing their progress with a 90th-minute winner.

Three days earlier, Jason Hallett kept up his impressive start to the season by bagging a brace in Waltham Abbey’s dramatic 3-3 draw with Brentwood Town.

Visitors Brentwood took the lead after just two minutes when Courtney White netted.

Hallett got his first 11 minutes into the second half, before fellow forward James Peagram put Paul Wickenden’s side in front for the first time in 68th minute.

The Abbotts’ lead was short-lived, though, as Alex Akrofi scored twice in as many minutes to turn the game on its head and in Brentwood’s favour.

With nine minutes remaining, Hallett notched his eighth of a productive season to ensure Abbey would not finish without something to show for their efforts.

In the Essex Senior League, Waltham Forest were involved in an end-to-end encounter, drawing 3-3 with Sawbridgeworth Town.

Jose Agua handed the Stags the lead before goals from Lewis Deamer and Will Green put visiting Sawbo in front.

Agua and Hassana Traore then put Forest back in front, only for Gavin Cockman’s effort to snatch a point for Town.