Redbridge exited the FA Cup on Tuesday night after losing their preliminary round replay 3-2 against AFC Sudbury after extra time.

Daniel Chambers opened the scoring for the Motormen just three minutes into the contest following good work from Joe Gent down the left-hand side.

Their lead was cancelled out 20 minutes later as Kris Newby headed home from a corner.

It was the Motormen who went into half-time in front, though, after Brian Moses netted from a corner.

In the 68th minute, another corner was turned in by Sudbury’s Craig Pope to draw the sides level at 2-2.

As a result, the tie went to extra time, where Newby headed home in the last minute with the match to prevent penalties and net Sudbury a £1,925 windfall, as well as progress into the first qualifying tound.

Redbridge’s initial tie against AFC Sudbury ended in a 1-1 draw on Saturday, with midfielder Joe Gent netting for the Motormen just two minutes into the contest.

Gent rounded off a quick counter-attack when he out-paced his marker and finished clinically with an angled shot.

Sudbury equalised nine minutes later after Redbridge defender AJ Adelekan headed the ball into his own net following a dangerous ball in from a set piece. There were few chances for either side after the break which took the tie to a replay.

Waltham Abbey slipped to 11th in the Ryman Division One North table on Tuesday night with a 2-1 defeat to Soham Town Rangers.

Goals from Alex Luque and Luke Stanley were enough to see off the Abbots despite a late reply from Jason Hallett.

A Jason Hallett hat-trick on Saturday saw Waltham Abbey advance to the next preliminary round of the FA Cup after beating Cockfosters 6-3.

Fellow striker James Peagram opened the scoring for the Abbots ten minutes into the tie and Hallett doubled the Abbots’ lead minutes later.

Cockfosters pulled one back before the half time interval through Stuart Blackburne to narrow the margin.

After the break, John Docket stuck away a penalty for the Abbots and 20 minutes later, Hallett bagged his second of the afternoon to make it 4-1.

Midfielder Ryan Kirby then put the ball in his own net to give Cockfosters a goal back but Hallett soon completed his treble from 12 yards.

Darelle Russell scored Abbey’s final goal but not before Adem Ali grabbed a consolation goal for Cockfosters on the stroke of full time.

Waltham Forest lost their fourth consecutive game in all competitions on Saturday at the hands of Haringey Borough.

Walid Matata opened the scoring for Borough 35 minutes in when he cut through the Forest defence and finished nicely from outside the box.

Seven minutes later Borough doubled their lead when Arian Maleknia poked home following a goalmouth scramble created by a corner.

Dean Fenton sealed the win in the 78th minute with a tight, angled finish going across the keeper.

There was more misery for Forest when they were reduced to ten men after Fenton raced down the left and was heavily brought down.