Redbridge ended their Ryman Division One North season with a 6-1 humiliation at the hands of Heybridge Swifts.

The Swifts finished third and will now contest the play-offs for a place in the Ryman Premier Division, but Redbridge were well-beaten on Saturday.

Chris Bryan handed the hosts the lead after just seven minutes, delicately chipping Redbridge goalkeeper Dean Driscoll from 18 yards.

Redbridge equalised within four minutes when Daniel Francis lobbed Heybridge keeper Andy Joslin.

That was as good as it got for Redbridge though and Heybridge were back in front in the 15th minute when former Colchester United striker Jamie Guy headed home Byran's cross.

Bryan came close shortly after the re-start, narrowly missing the target from 20 yards.

Driscoll denied Guy a second in the 50th minute but the floodgates soon opened, Ben Newson taking the game away from Redbridge with a 25 minute hat-trick.

The first came on 66 minutes when Newson outran the Redbridge defence and rounded Driscoll to score and goal number two was similar, coming 11 minutes later.

In the 89th minute Danny Barber got the fifth, crashing a free-kick in off the post before Newson's treble was completed when he side footed home in the first minute of injury time.

Redbridge end the season in 14th.

Waltham Abbey brought the curtain down on their season in disappointing fashion, losing 4-2 at mid-table Avely.

Lee Weemes tried his luck for Avely early on, whilst Joe Pearman came close with a volley in a lively start.

James Peagram ought to have opened the scoring for Abbey but headed wide.

The Abbey took the lead after 20 minutes when Darelle Russell looped a volley over Avely keeper Russell Harley.

Avely equalised in the 31st minute, Paul Burnett shooting through a crowd of bodies from a corner and past Sidney Stojic.

The Millers should have gone in front immediately after when Jay Leader missed with a free header.

Six minutes before the break Avely were ahead when Weemes rounded off a flowing team move to tuck behind Stojic from a Mathias Bakare cross.

Avely hit the post within five minutes of the re-start and paid the price for the miss when Joe Pearman cut inside and curled over Harley into the far corner.

In the 68th minute Avely went ahead for the first time when Burnett was felled inside the penalty area before converting his own spot kick.

Weemes then saw an effort cleared off the line, but grabbed his second with nine minutes remaining, stroking into an empty net after Kyle Asante drew the goalkeeper and cut back for him.

Waltham Abbey finish in 18th place.

Already relegated Waltham Forest completed a miserable season by losing 3-1 at home to Soham Town Rangers.

Soham opened the scoring after just 35 seconds when Michael Simpson crossed for Antonio Murray to score at the near post.

The Greens were well on top from the outset and saw a number of good chances go astray.

Murray came close to doubling up after half an hour, Amadou Tangara doing well to prevent the striker's header.

Five minutes before the break Soham did double their lead when Jordan Gent and Ben Sawyer combined down the right before delivering for Buster Harradine to finish with ease.

In the 55th minute Waltham Forest pulled one back, L'Heureux Menga racing onto a long ball forward and slotting past keeper Enol Ordonez.

The Forest captain had come close moments before with an audacious bicycle kick from a throw-in.

In the 80th minute Soham restored their two-goal advantage, full-back Luke Little delivering for Sawyer to score at the back post.

Forest looked to have got another back in injury time but an offside flag had been raised to deny Danny Laurent.

Forest end the season 23rd with their division for next season to be determined by a non-league system committee.