Millwall's winless run stretches to nine games as they come from behind to draw at home to QPR. 

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson's first goal of the season cancelled out Ilias Chair's superb opening strike as Millwall hit their worst run since returning to the Championship.

All eyes were on the fans, following Saturday’s depressing scenes against Derby County. Before the game, the club issues every fan with a statement on their ‘United for Change’ campaign.

Both sets of players were applauded as they joined arms in a stance against discrimination, the home side brandishing the Kick It Out logo on their shirts.

The energy and positivity generated by the crowd gave Millwall the courage they may have been lacking as they dominated the early stages, despite being winless in eight.

Troy Parrott had an early chance for the Lions, just six minutes into the game. The Spurs loanee getting plenty of power on his strike after Mason Bennett’s lay off but the effort was straight at Seny Dieng in the QPR goal.

Despite the dominance, the hosts struggled to create any clear cut chances, a familiar problem during this baron run that has seen them score just three times in eight games.

Shaun Williams’ struck an effort from distance in the 10th minute, but it flew past the QPR left hand post.

Parrott once again tested Dieng on 22 minutes. A sharp turn allowed the Irishman to get away a shot from a tight angle, but it was once again to close to the keeper.

Rangers struggled for chances throughout the first half, mustering a couple of long range efforts that couldn’t test the Millwall goal.

Mark Warburton’s side came out much brighter in the second half however, Dominic Ball testing Bartosz Bialkowski within the first 30 seconds of the restart.

The midfielder’s strike from the edge of the box was comfortably pushed away by the Millwall stopper.

Frustrations began to grow in the crowd as Millwall pressed by couldn’t create anything.

Somewhat predictably, the away side took the lead on 52 minutes. Ilias Chair’s strike from the left-hand corner of the box flew past Bialkowski. Millwall once again failing to make pressure pay, something that is becoming all to familiar for Lions fans.

The goal gave the away side the lift they were looking for, as Rangers pushed for a second. Lyndon Dykes could have doubled their lead, but his volley from around the penalty spot was too tame to secure him his sixth league goal of the season.

Bright Osayi-Samuel also came close on 65 minutes, cleverly bursting through past Scott Malone. Bialkowski was out quickly to smother the winger’s effort from point blank range.

Three changes from Gary Rowett showed the manager’s desperation for Millwall to win as the game opened up. Within minutes, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson came close, but could only head Mahlon Romeo’s cross over.

The game had sparked into life, both sides looking threatening on the break. Bialkowski’s excellent stop to deny Chair a second goal sent Millwall on the break.

After a scramble in the box, Bodvarsson’s deflected effort found the back of the net, levelling the scores and giving Millwall hope of three points.

Despite late pressure, the hosts couldn't find a winner, keeping the pressure on the side as the seek their first win since late October.


Millwall: Bialkowski; Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce (Bodvarsson 63), Cooper, Malone; Woods, Williams (Smith 63); J. Wallace (Burey 89), Parrott (Bradshaw 73), Bennett (Leonard 63).

Subs: Fielding, Ferguson, Thompson, M. Wallace.

QPR: Dieng, Kakay, Dickie, Barbet, Kamalainen; Ball, Cameron, Carroll (Thomas 76); Chair (Bonne 76), Osayi-Samuel, Dykes.

Subs: Kelly, Kane, Masterson, Bettache, Adomah, Willock, Kelman.