A boy was taken to hospital after “having bleach thrown in his face” in Abbey Wood.

On Monday, June 10, police were called to Eynsham Drive, SE2, at around 10pm to someone being attacked with a substance.

Police arrived alongside paramedics and discovered that a boy had a hazardous substance, believed to be bleach, thrown at his face.

Following initial treatment, the teenager was rushed to the hospital for further care.

Police confirmed that the injuries sustained by the boy are not life-threatening or life-altering.

An ambulance crew and a tactical response unit were sent to the scene during the response.

The crime scene has been cleared and police are actively conducting investigations into the case.

As part of the investigations, the police are urging anyone with information to come forward.

Information can be provided directly by calling 101, quoting reference CR-01/456039/24, or reaching out to ‘X’ @MetCC.

Anonymous tips can also be given through the independent charity Crimestoppers on their hotline, 0800 555 111.

A spokesperson for Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called at 22:13hrs on Monday, 10 June to reports of a person being attacked with a hazardous substance in Eynsham Drive, SE2.

“Officers attended along with LAS and found a boy had a substance, believed to be bleach, thrown in his face.

“He was taken to hospital for treatment. His injuries are believed to be non-life threatening or life-changing.

“The crime scene is now closed. Enquiries are ongoing.

“Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or ‘X’ @MetCC and quote CR-01/456039/24.

“You can also provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

A spokesperson for London Ambulance Service said: “A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 10.22pm on Monday 10 June to reports of an incident on Eynsham Drive, SE2.

“We sent resources to the scene, including an ambulance crew, paramedics in a fast response car and members of our tactical response unit.

“We treated a teenager at the scene and took them to hospital.”