An office block was evacuated after a loudspeaker battery went up in flames. 

Fire crews were scrambled to Abbey Road, in Park Royal, at 5.49pm on Friday (May 10).

A total of 20 people had left the building before the London Fire Brigade arrived.

A spokesperson said the incident was over for firefighters by 7.06pm.

Part of a first floor office was damaged. There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by a lithium-ion battery in a rechargeable speaker. 

The fire brigade spokesperson said it was important to use the right charger and not to leave it plugged in for too long.

They said: “Lithium batteries are susceptible to failure if incorrect chargers are used, so it’s important to always use the correct charger for the product and buy an official one from a reputable seller.

"You should unplug your charger when you have finished using it and we would advise not to leave it unattended or charging while people are asleep.

“Batteries can present a fire risk if they’re over-charged, short circuited, submerged in water or damaged, so it’s really important to protect them against being damaged too.

“Try to ensure they are not getting knocked around while in use or while being carried as this can increase the chance of damage to cells.”

Firefighters from Acton, Wembley, Willesden and Ealing fire stations attended the scene.