A teenager was stabbed to death and three men were seriously injured in a fight outside a bar in Sidcup.

Police were called just after midnight on Saturday (May 24) to reports of a large disturbance at the Metro Bar in Station Road, Sidcup.

An 18-year-old man who had been stabbed was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 1am.

Police say they know the identity of the victim and that a post-mortem will be held at Princess Royal Hospital, Farnborough today.

A talented young actor Friends at the scene have named him as Rob Knox, from Sidcup - a pupil of Beths Grammar School in Hartford Road, Bexley.

Mr Knox was a keen actor and appeared in the News Shopper in 2005 after he and 16-year-old brother Jamie, appeared in the Hollywood film King Arthur.

The brothers were very close and witnesses at the scene said Mr Knox was trying to protect Jamie and another 16-year-old friend when he was stabbed four times.

Friends gathered outside the bar today to lay flowers and pay tribute to their friend.

One girl sobbed: "He was the best - he was so funny.

"Everyone knew him.

"He was a bit of a party animal.

"He had "People Love To Party" on his t-shirt last night."

Among the messages left with flowers, was one that read: "Forever in our thoughts - an amazing person.

"The Chis and Sid girls will see you again one day.

"Never forgotten."

Another read: "We can't get over the shock of losing you.

"You were a wonderful, talented young man who was such pleasure to be around.

"You will be greatly missed by all of us."

Fight over a mobile phone A 21-year-old man who was stabbed in the neck during the incident is in hospital with injuries described as serious, but not life threatening.

He has been identified by friends as Dean Saunders from Sidcup.

Chris Martin, 21, from Sidcup said the fight which led to Mr Knox's murder began with an attack on Mr Saunders.

He said:"It kicked off last week outside the Metro.

"It was over a mobile phone.

"Some bloke said to Dean; "You nicked my phone".

"Dean said he hadn't and this guy smacked him in the face and gave him a black eye."

Mr Martin said the man returned to the Metro Bar last night, with another man and armed with two knives.

Earlier in the evening he threatened to cut Mr Saunders' throat.

And later when a fight broke out on the street Mr Saunders was stabbed in the neck.

It is thought that Mr Knox tried to protect his brother Jamie and another 16-year-old Andrew Dormar, when the attacker threatened them.

One witness described Mr Knox hitting the attacker over the head with a bottle, before being stabbed four times.

Mr Dormar was also taken to hospital after he suffered a stab wound to the chest, but had recovered enough to visit the Metro Bar this afternoon.

A fourth man, Nick Jones, sustained serious injuries to his hand.

Not gang related Investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Damian Allain said: "At this early stage we retain an open mind as to any motive, and enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances of the incident.

"We believe the stabbings took place in the street, outside the venue.

"We do not believe the incident is gang-related."

Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4805 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

An arrest A 21-year-old man who suffered facial injuries in the incident has been arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to a South London police station, where he remains in custody.