Above is a nostalgic photo from c1905 showing Church Hill, now Old Church Road, Chingford.

In the distance can be seen Chingford Old Church ‘All Saints’ without its nave roof which collapsed in 1904.

The church was restored in 1930 by a generous donation from Louisa Boothby-Heathcote.

On the right is Chingford Mount Cemetery opened in 1884 on the site of the house and grounds of Caroline Mount.

This Is Local London:

A sleepy lane is now a major route for travellers between North and South Chingford.

Chingford Historical Society has a YouTube channel of the same name.