Two men and a boy who repeatedly stabbed a lone victim in a callous act of violence on-board a busy train have been jailed for a combined 18 years.

Gabriel Burke-Georgiou, 18, Jaheim Smith-Williams, 18, and a 15-year-old boy who can’t be named for legal reasons, attacked the victim, leaving them permanently blind in one eye, on-board a northbound train service as it departed Northumberland Park railway station on the evening of September 24 of last year.

The 18-year-old victim was seated with his electric scooter propped up next to him.

Smith-Williams and Burke-Georgiou, both aged 17 at the time, approached him and Burke-Georgiou started attacking him while Smith-Williams pulled out a Rambo style knife before lunging towards the victim with at least three stabbing motions.

Passengers seated nearby quickly got up and left the carriage to get away from the incident, blocking the then 14-year-old boy from joining the attack.

The 14-year-old then pulled out a long-bladed machete, approached the victim and joined the attack.

The victim was then forced backwards down the carriage as Smith-Williams hit him with the knife several more times leaving the victim on the floor with his hand over his left eye.

As the train pulled into Meridian Water railway station, Smith-Williams, Burke-Georgiou and the 14-year-old disembarked the service and left the station – Burke-Georgiou did so on the victim’s electric scooter.

The victim also managed to leave the service at Meridian Water station and was found collapsed outside a supermarket opposite the station before the ambulance service was called and he was taken to a local hospital.

He suffered stab wounds to the back of his right shoulder and head, a severe injury to his hand and lost his left eye as a result of the attack.

The investigation showed the victim and suspects were known to each other and were linked to rival gangs.

Smith-Williams, 18, of Whites Row, and Burke-Georgiou, of Poynton Road, and the boy pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

All three defendants appeared at London’s Old Bailey on Friday, April 9 where a judge sentenced them to a combined 18 years in jail.

Smith-Williams and Burke-Georgiou were both sentenced to six years and nine months imprisonment. The 15-year-old was sentenced to five years and one month imprisonment.

BTP Detective Constable, Nick Barr, said: “This was a pre-mediated and vicious attack on-board a busy train which left the victim with life-changing injuries.

“It was incredibly distressing for witnessing passengers and I would like to thank those witnesses for assisting our investigation and bringing those responsible to justice.