A dog has sadly died in a fire at a flat in Plumstead last week which the London Fire Brigade said was caused by a tumble dryer.

The fire broke out at a flat on Felspar Close in Plumstead, causing around 30 people to evacuate before the LFB arrived.

The fire was discovered by a passer-by who could see smoke coming from the sixth floor of the block of flats.

This Is Local London:

Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters attended the scene and found a four-roomed flat destroyed by the fire.

The LFB say they were called at 7pm on July 3, and the fire was under control by 8:07pm.

Sadly, a dog was found dead inside the flat.

The story was reported last week after smoke was seen pouring from a facade of what appeared to be the Marble House tower block on Felspar Close.

No injuries were reported at the time, but it has since emerged that a dog was killed in the blaze.

The Brigade's Fire Investigators believe the fire was accidental and involved a tumble dryer.