Four men have been jailed for a total of more than 26 years after a man was stabbed six times.

The victim, who was aged 22 at the time, was attacked by a number of men in Chapel Close, Willesden on June 11, 2019.

The group had beaten the man unconscious and stabbed him six times which caused wounds to his head, back and arm.

He was taken to a central London hospital for treatment and was discharged a short time later.

Since that time has had no lasting physical injuries.

The investigation into the stabbing was led by the North West Major Crime Unit.

The four defendants were identified from CCTV and other enquiries and arrested in the weeks after the incident.

Weapons, drugs, cash and clothing were seized and analysed during the investigation.

Officers were made aware of footage of the incident circulating on social media, which showed around 12 suspects carry out the attack and repeatedly kick and punch the victim, before taunting him as he lay seriously injured on the floor.

Detective Sergeant Steven Colclough, who led the investigation, said: "This was a vicious attack carried out on a residential street in broad daylight, and it was extremely fortunate the victim survived his injuries.

"He was set upon by a large group of males, and his attackers showed how callous they were in filming the incident and posting it on social media.

"Fast-time enquiries led officers to a large number of suspects who were arrested as part of the investigation, and the evidence collated by police resulted in these four men being brought to justice."

In total, 13 people were arrested and charged in relation to this incident.

  • Keanu Brown, 18, of Tudor Gardens, Kingsbury – sentenced to seven years and three months imprisonment.
  • Jordan Joseph, 21, of Church Road, Harlesden – sentenced to seven years and three months imprisonment.
  • Mickell Barnett, 20, of Chesnut Road, Enfield– sentenced to six years and nine months’ imprisonment.
  • Keano Mason, 19 of Bramston Road, Kensal Rise– sentenced to five years and eight months’ imprisonment

Five other suspects tried in connection with this incident were found not guilty of attempted murder.

Four further suspects were charged with attempted murder in relation to this incident and were due to go on trial in February 2020. The charges were later withdrawn.