The family of a late Bexleyheath husband and wife who were married for nearly 70 years have paid touching tribute to the "loving couple" who died within days of each other.

Brenda and John Love, who were 89 and 90-years-old respectively before passing away, were no strangers to News Shopper's pages as the lovebirds appeared in an edition back in 2011 as we reported their diamond wedding anniversary.

However, their granddaughter Josephine has since been in touch with our news desk to kindly inform us that her grandmother had passed last month, just five days after her grandfather departed at Princess Royal University Hospital.

This Is Local London:

The original News Shopper article about their diamond wedding anniversary celebrations published on August 3, 2011.

John and Brenda fell head over heels for each other as teenagers while dancing at the Embassy in Welling and 68 years later, the cute couple's relationship was still as strong as ever.

And their secret?

"They never went to sleep with an argument over their heads. They never went to bed angry, " said Josephine who recounts many fond memories of her loving grandparents throughout their 65 years of living in Bexleyheath.

This Is Local London:

The lovely couple

Mr and Mrs Love were known for their kind-hearted nature, particularly towards their six grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren as they passed on their wealth of wisdom and experience.

MORE: Grandparents deliver premature baby on the hottest day of the year

"They were always giving us wise advice. My grandad would always tell us that 'Acceptance is Key'.

"As a nan, she was always there for us and would help to give my mum a break.

"Nan was always baking. She always would have me in the kitchen baking with her.

"My grandad would make up and teach us silly rhymes.

"Some of them were actually quite rude but we didn't realise until we were older, " joked Josephine.

According to Josephine, romance was always in the air when the pair were around, even up until their final days together which they spent in The Sidcup Care Home.

"They were in rooms next to one another but couldn't move that much.

"She asked the nurses to be hoisted into a chair just so they could hold hands together and watch some telly one afternoon," said Josephine.

Unfortunately, John died from sepsis while in hospital on June 19.

According to Josephine, Brenda began to deteriorate very quickly after that and eventually slipped away on June 24.

Their funeral will be held Tuesday, June 16 at Eltham Crematorium with the afters to take place at Danson Boat House, the couple's old "stomping ground".