Greenwich council is taking a stand against hate crime across the borough.

The diversity across the Royal borough is one of their greatest assets that they wish to be celebrated and valued.

A spokesman from the council said: "We will not tolerate crimes committed against someone because of their disability, transgender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation and we encourage anyone who has experienced a hate crime to report it."

How can you report a crime?

If you want to talk about a problem you are having with hate crime or harassment, you can contact the local police Community Safety Unit.

They have a specialist unit of police officers who have been trained to respond to hate crime, including racist, homophobic and disability harassment.

At any time, you can contact Stop Hate UK to report an incident or seek support.

READ MORE: Police appeal for information after homophobic attack in Blackheath

Stop Hate UK is a charity commissioned by the Council to provide a confidential reporting phone line for anyone experiencing any form of hate crime, 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

They can provide support and, with your consent, can refer your case on to local specialist organisations who can help you.

They can also discuss the option of reporting it to the police and refer the details to the police for you, if this is what you want.

Find out more about Stop Hate UK

Homophobic and transphobic crime

The Metropolitan Police Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) liaison team are working together with the gay and transgender community to tackle homophobic and transphobic hate crime.

You can also report the problem to Galop - London's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community safety charity.

You can get advice and support from the Metro Centre, based in Greenwich, which offers a confidential service in a safe space with experienced professionals.

Find out more about the Metro Centre

Disability related crime

If you are experiencing harassment because of a disability, contact the Greenwich Association of Disabled People. You will be able to report the problem and get advice and support about what action can be taken.

Find out more about the Greenwich Association of Disabled People

Race and Faith related crime

The Greenwich Inclusion Project will help you if you have experiences hate crime that you believe is motivated by your race, faith or nationality.

Find out more about the Greenwich Inclusion Project