A 35-year-old woman says she was the victim of a knifepoint robbery in Anerley this week.

The woman, who wished not to be named, was walking home through Anerley Park road from the station when a man approached her from behind.

It was before 1am on Tuesday morning when the knifemen with the open-faced balaclava appeared.

"He told me to give him my bag," the victim, who had been walking back from a friend's home, told News Shopper.

"I didn’t see he had a weapon, so I told him to leave me alone and I quickened my pace.

"He then grabbed my bag and I saw that he was holding a knife and was holding it up so I could see it."

She said it all happened so suddenly that she had no time to be scared and instead was in shock.

The woman handed over her bag before the man told her to "run" before he retreated.

"It was surreal," the victim added. "Part of me couldn’t believe it was actually happening. I don't know why I didn't scream."

She has lived in Anerley for three years and described it as "really safe and friendly".

READ MORE: Mum mugged at knifepoint in Fernbrook Crescent, Hither Green

Elderly couple targeted in knifepoint robbery in The Avenue, West Wickham

It is the second time she has been attacked in London, with the other incident involving being mace sprayed in the face in Hackney Wick.

Police arrived within minutes and she sought refuge in a friend’s home after realising her house keys were in her stolen bag.

The robbery will not discourage her form being alone at night, and she said she will be more vigilant and will make precautions like keeping keys, phones and wallets in her pocket.

She also advised for people to separate their bank cards from their wallets.

"It was horrible," she added. "I guess I’m a very easy going person and I wasn’t scared until after the fact.

"I think it was because it was so out of the blue."

She described the suspect as white, around 5ft 11, having angular features with a haggard appearance.

A police spokesman said: "Enquiries undertaken by police include a search for local CCTV footage and an area search was completed in the area with a description of the robbery.

"No arrests have been made."