Double killer Kenneth Noye, who stabbed a 21-year-old to death in a road rage attack in Swanley, could learn this week if he is to be released from prison.

Noye received a life sentence in 2000 for the murder of electrician Stephen Cameron, and is now eligible for parole after serving 16 years in jail.

His hearing is expected to take place this week (September 8).

The 68-year-old stabbed Mr Cameron in the heart and liver with a nine inch knife as his 17-year-old fiancé screamed for help, following a punch up on the M25 Swanley interchange in May 1996.

The career criminal had previously killed an undercover officer outside his mock Tudor mansion - Hollywood Cottage in West Kingsdown - after the £26million Brink's Mat bullion heist, but successfully pleaded self-defence.

This Is Local London:

Kenneth Noye

Mr Cameron's devastated parents Ken and Toni, both 69, told The Mirror waiting for the parole board’s decision had been “agony”.

Ken said: “The last few months have been absolute agony for us. They delayed it in the spring and we wondered why - then they put it back again.

“Why do they keep dragging their heels? Of course we don’t want him to come out of prison.

“But we know he will come out eventually. But all this uncertainty has got to us.

“It’s constantly on our minds - is he going to get out? If he is, then we just need to know so we can prepare ourselves.

“We have been in complete limbo - we would rather know sooner than later. It’s really affecting us. We’re not getting any younger.

“We want this resolved - we’re suffering all over again because of this.”



Noye fled abroad after Mr Cameron’s death, becoming Britain's most wanted man and sparking a massive manhunt.

The gangster was eventually tracked down in southern Spain and was extradited back to the UK in 1998, before standing trial at the Old Bailey.

He was found guilty and jailed for life, with a minimum of 16 years.

Noye had already become one of Britain's most notorious criminals after he was involved in a notorious gold bullion heist at Heathrow Airport in 1983.

The gang stole 6,000 gold bars, diamonds and cash in what was dubbed the "crime of the century".

Police launched an investigation, which soon focused on Noye's mansion - it was in the grounds of this house that Noye stabbed to death undercover officer Detective Constable John Fordham in 1985.

He was cleared of murder after claiming he had killed the officer in self-defence, but was jailed for 14 years for handling stolen bullion.

Former probation union chief Harry Fletcher told The Sun: "It is unusual for a lifer to be released after the first Parole Board hearing. But it paves the way for their freedom."

Noye is currently serving time at Category C Wayland Prison in Griston, Norfolk.