There were 52 victims of the 7/7 terror attacks in London when four bombs were detonated on Tube trains and a bus on July 7, 2005. These are the people who lost their lives.

Seven died in the bombing at Aldgate on the Circle line:

Lee Baisden, 34, an accountant for the London Fire Brigade, from Romford, in Essex. Mr Baisden had to grow up quickly. He became the man of the house after his father Patrick died in 1992 and spent much of his time caring for his mother, who has multiple sclerosis. He had hoped to marry his partner Paul Groman before he was killed.

Benedetta Ciaccia, 30, an IT business analyst from Norwich who worked for a publishing company. Born in Rome, she was brought up in Italy but a passion for languages and travel led her to move to England at the age of 19. She was two months away from marrying her fiance Fiaz Bhatti when she died.

Richard Ellery, 21, a shop worker for photographic chain Jessops from Ipswich, Suffolk. The eldest of three children, Mr Ellery was born and raised in Southampton, left school at 18 and moved in with friends in Ipswich shortly before he died. Jessops closed all its 280 stores to mark a national two-minute silence a week after the bombings.

Richard Gray, 41, a tax manager from Ipswich, Suffolk. Mr Gray was born in Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, and met his wife Louise in 1987 when she started a part-time job at the Ipswich hotel owned by his parents. They went on to have two children, Adam and Ruby. He qualified as a chartered accountant specialising in tax and commuted every day from Ipswich to his job with FW Smith Riches and Company in Pall Mall.

Anne Moffat, 48, head of marketing and communications for Girlguiding UK, from Old Harlow, Essex. Miss Moffat studied art in Hull before moving to London but she returned to the family home in Old Harlow to look after her ailing mother, who died in 2002. She was committed to helping others, and a "Make Poverty History" booklet was found in her handbag when her body was recovered.

Fiona Stevenson, 29, a solicitor living in central London, originally from Little Baddow, Essex. Miss Stevenson had dreamed of becoming a lawyer as a teenager when at school in Chelmsford and went on to Sussex University before fulfilling her ambition. She joined specialist criminal law firm Reynolds Dawson but died just two weeks after buying a new flat in central London.

Carrie Taylor, 24, a finance officer at the Royal Society of Arts, from Billericay, Essex. Miss Taylor, who was born in Sidcup, and grew up in Billericay, discovered a passion for drama at a young age and went on to study it at Royal Holloway, University of London. Her ambition was to work behind the scenes in the arts and she was given a permanent job at the Royal Society of Arts three days before her death.

Six died in the bombing at Edgware Road on the Circle line:

Michael Stanley Brewster, 52, a civil engineer and father-of-two from Swanwick, Derbyshire. Mr Brewster, who was known as Stan, was a senior project manager for Derbyshire County Council, where his main interests were the design and structure of bridges. A keen cyclist who rode 12 miles to work every day, he also played football and golf and took part in triathlons to raise money for a local hospital.

Jonathan Downey, 34, from Milton Keynes, an HR systems development officer. The Liverpool FC fan, who was brought up in Corby, Northamptonshire, was planning to move to Ireland with his wife Veronica.Kensington and Chelsea Council, where he worked, placed a bench outside the town hall in his memory.

David Foulkes, 22, a newspaper sales manager from Oldham, Greater Manchester. Mr Foulkes was educated at Hulme Grammar School, where he became a member of the team that won the Greater Manchester under-16 squash championship. He had just begun a new job with The Guardian newspaper and travelled to London on July 7 for a work meeting.

Jennifer Nicholson, 24, from Reading, Berkshire, who worked for a music company. Born in Bristol, she underwent major surgery to correct a curvature of the spine while at school before studying music and English at Reading University. The opera fan planned to do a PhD, marry her soulmate James White and had spoken of her hopes of becoming a mother.

Colin Morley, 52, from Finchley, who worked in advertising and marketing. The father-of-three grew up in Coulsdon in Surrey, Leeds and Liverpool before going to university in London, where he met his wife Ros. He was responsible for the popular mobile phone campaign: "Who would you like to have a one to one with?"

Laura Webb, 29, from Islington, who worked as a personal assistant for an advertising firm in Paddington. Miss Webb, who was brought up in Kingston Vale, Surrey, was a passionate globetrotter who spent nearly a year travelling through Thailand, Australia and South America with her boyfriend, Chris Driver, before they cut their trip short after the 9/11 attacks. She and Mr Driver planned to spend the rest of their lives together and were intending to buy a home, marry and have a family.

This Is Local London:

Some of the 52 victims of the London terrorist attacks. Top row from left, victims of the Russell Square bomb: Helen Jones, 28; Ciaran Cassidy, 22; Gamze Gunoral, 24; Christian Small; Karolina Gluck. Second row from left, victims of the Russell Square bomb: Couple Lee Harris, 30, and Samatha Badham, 36; Atique Sharifi, 24; Elizabeth Daplyn, 20; Adrian Johnson, 37; Monika Suchocka, 23. Third row from left, victims of the Russell Square bomb: Susan Levy, 53; James Mayes, 28; James Adams; Rachelle Yuen; Ihab Slimane,19. Fourth row from left, victims of the Tavistock Square bomb: Shyanuja Parathasangary; Giles Hart; Anthony Fatayi-Williams; Marie Hartley; Miriam Hyman. Fifth row from left: victims of the Tavistock Square bomb Jamie Gordon and Neetu Jain; victims of the Aldgate bomb Richard Gray, Benedetta Ciaccia and Richard Ellery. Bottom row from left: Aldgate bomb victim Fiona Stevenson; Edgware Road bomb victims David Foulkes, Jonathan Downey, Laura Webb and Jennifer Nicholson. 

Twenty-six died in the bombing between King's Cross and Russell Square on the Piccadilly line:

James Adams, 32, a mortgage broker from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. Mr Adams was born in Chester and educated at the King's School in Peterborough, where he shared bunk beds with Labour MP David Lammy. He was a committed Christian who served as a deacon at his church for three years. An orphanage he supported in southern India erected a building in his memory.

Samantha Badham, 35, an internet designer who lived in Tottenham.Hereford-born Miss Badham was head girl at the John Masefield High School in Ledbury, Herefordshire, before studying history at Birmingham University. She and her long-term partner Lee Harris were killed together after they changed their normal routine and took the Tube because they were planning to meet friends after work.

Philip Beer, 22, a hair stylist from Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. Mr Beer started work at a salon after leaving school at 16 and dreamed of travelling the world as a well-known hairdresser. His friend and colleague Patrick Barnes, who was travelling with him on the train targeted by suicide bomber Jermaine Lindsay, said Mr Beer's last words to him after the attack were: "Everything's going to be fine."

Anna Brandt, 42, a Polish national living in Wood Green, who worked as a cleaner. The mother-of-two ran her own restaurant in Poland before coming to the UK in 2002. On the day she was killed, her daughter Natalie had arrived to visit her in London but they missed each other before the tragedy.

Ciaran Cassidy, 22, a shop assistant from Upper Holloway. The passionate Arsenal fan came from a large Irish family and worked for a legal and stationery firm in Chancery Lane. At the time of his death he had been saving up to go to Australia, and his family had expected him to move there permanently because the lifestyle would have suited his laid-back personality.

Rachelle Chung For Yuen, 27, an accountant from Mill Hill, who was originally from Mauritius. The devout Roman Catholic grew up on Mauritius, the eldest of three sisters, and worked to pay her own way through her accountancy studies. She came to Britain in 2000 to complete her training and married her husband Billy in London in May 2004.

Elizabeth Daplyn, 26, a hospital administrator from Highgate. Leicester-born Miss Daplyn was a talented artist and musician who graduated from Oxford University in 2001 with a degree in fine art. She lived in a variety of places, including Pakistan and Nigeria, before moving into a flat with her boyfriend, Rob Brennan, several months before her death.

Arthur Frederick, 60, a museum security guard from Seven Sisters, who was originally from the Caribbean. Born in Grenada, Mr Frederick moved to Montserrat as a young man and worked there as a policeman for nearly 32 years as well as recording a calypso song called Signs of Christmas that is still popular on the island. He moved to London after becoming worried about the eruption of Montserrat's Soufriere Hills volcano in the late 1990s.

Karolina Gluck, 29, a Polish national living in Finsbury Park, who worked at a private postgraduate college. Miss Gluck was born in the town of Chorzow in Poland and followed her twin sister Magda to London in 2002. At the time of her death she and her sister were planning to return to Poland the next month to introduce their boyfriends to their family.

Gamze Gunoral, 24, a Turkish national staying in Totteridge, while she studied English. Istanbul-born Miss Gunoral, an only child who was brought up by her mother after her parents divorced when she was five, excelled at school and graduated from university as an actuary in 2003. The ambitious businesswoman came to Britain after deciding to take a year's break from her job with Turkey's largest export company to improve her English.

Lee Harris, 30, an architect who lived in Tottenham. Mr Harris, who grew up in Hereford, worked for architecture firm 3DReid on projects including Heathrow Airport's central bus station and the Terminal 1 international departures lounge. He died alongside his partner Miss Badham, whom he met at Hereford Lads Club some 14 years before the attacks.

Ojara Ikeagwu, 55, a social worker from Luton. Mrs Ikeagwu was born in Nigeria and came to Britain in 1976 with her husband and their three young children. She was devoted to her family and a generous supporter of children in her home village in Nigeria, which following her death made her a chief and named its primary school after her.

Emily Jenkins, 24, a PA for a project management company, who lived in Peckham.Miss Jenkins, who grew up in Kew, south-west London, travelled widely. She lived in South America, Spain and Australia before returning to Britain and setting her heart on becoming a midwife.

Adrian Johnson, 37, a married father-of-two and product technical manager from Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. His work for luxury fashion house Burberry took him all over Europe, including a lot of time in Italy and the company's base in Haymarket in London. Mr Johnson met his future wife Catherine at school when they were 15, and his ambition was to see his family comfortable and his children grow up.

Helen Jones, 28, an accountant living in Holloway. Miss Jones was born in Edinburgh but grew up in Templand near Lockerbie. She moved to London in November 2001 and worked for Phoenix Equity Partners. Accountant colleagues called her "Sherlock Jones" because she was so good at sniffing out mistakes.

Susan Levy, 53, a mother-of-two from the village of Newgate Street, near Cuffley, Hertfordshire, who worked as a legal secretary. She married husband Harry in 1976 and they set up home in Ilford where they lived for 24 years before moving to Hertfordshire. Her eldest son, Daniel, lived in Australia but said the important part of his day was switching on his computer in the morning to find a message from his mother waiting for him.

Shelley Mather, 26, a tour guide from New Zealand who had been living in London for three years. Miss Mather, the only New Zealander to die in the bombings, left her country in 2002 for a tour of Europe and enjoyed the lifestyle so much she qualified as a travel guide. Such was her love of travel that her ambition was to "circumnavigate the universe".

Mike Minh Matsushita, 37, a Vietnamese-American who had just moved to Islington and started a new job in IT recruitment. He was born in My Tho, south Vietnam, five months before his father was shot dead by a drunken soldier. Mr Matsushita later moved to New York with his mother and grew up in the Bronx but had only been in London a month after moving to be with his girlfriend Rosie Cowan.

James Mayes, 28, an analyst for the Healthcare Commission from Islington. With a keen intellect and love of debate, he attended City of London School then studied politics at the University of Warwick. He normally would not have been on the Piccadilly line train but was going to a seminar in Holborn in central London on July 7.

Behnaz Mozakka, 47, a biomedical officer at Great Ormond Street Hospital from Finchley. Mrs Mozakka was born in Shiraz, Iran, before moving to the capital Tehran, where she met her husband Naber, with whom she had a son, Saeed, and daughter, Saba. Her family were at one point wrongly told she had survived the blast for up to 45 minutes, but in fact she died instantly.

Mihaela Otto, 46, a dental technician from Mill Hill. Miss Otto was brought up in Romania and moved to London in 1984, following in the footsteps of her sister Dania. Arriving in England she worked in a series of jobs, including as a Burberry sales assistant and in publishing, before qualifying in dentistry.

Atique Sharifi, 24, an Afghan national living in Hounslow, who was studying English and IT at college. He arrived in England in 2002 fearing for his life and having fled extremists in his homeland after both his parents were killed in the Kabul war. Mr Sharifi dreamed of becoming a doctor, but in his spare time he worked in a pizza take-away so he could send money back to his sister in Afghanistan.

Ihab Slimane, 24, a waiter who lived in Finsbury Park. Mr Slimane was born in Lyon, France, but was of Tunisian descent. The IT engineering graduate had been living in the capital for just three weeks when he was killed, but had already made new friends and impressed work colleagues.

Christian Small, 28, an advertising sales worker from Walthamstow. The keen sportsman and Luton Town FC fan was drawn to West Africa, particularly Ghana and Senegal, because the region was his ancestral home. To reflect his West African roots he changed his name by deed poll shortly before he died to Christian Njoya Diawara, meaning a man of determination and strong spirit.

Monika Suchocka, 23, a trainee accountant from Poland, who was living in Archway. Ms Suchocka's ambition to work as a translator took her to Italy, France, United States, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany. She only moved to London three months before the attacks and was considering whether to move back to Poland after her job finished in October 2005.

Mala Trivedi, 51, a radiographer at Great Ormond Street Hospital from Wembley. She was born in Nairobi, Kenya, and moved to London to study at Lambeth Hospital. She married her husband Ashock in 1975 and had one son, Kunaal. Her colleagues said she had the potential to attain a senior role at Great Ormond Street.

Thirteen died in the bombing on the number 30 bus in Tavistock Square:

Anthony Fatayi-Williams, 26, an oil executive from Hendon. Mr Fatayi-Williams was educated in Nigeria, France and the UK before joining multinational engineering firm Amec. On the morning of July 7 2005, he set off as usual for his office in Old Street but his journey was disrupted by the chaos caused by the earlier bombings on three Tube trains and he helped point other commuters in the right direction before getting on the number 30 bus.

Jamie Gordon, 30, a City worker from Enfield. Born in south London, he moved to Zimbabwe with his family as a small child before later returning to the UK where he achieved well at school and then in his career. He was killed on July 7 after taking a different route to the office from usual after spending the night with a friend from work.

Giles Hart, 55, a BT engineer from Hornchurch, Essex. Born in Sudan to English parents, Mr Hart moved to the UK at the age of five. He was passionate about literature and cinema history, and devoted much time to campaigning for justice and liberty. He was heavily involved in the Polish solidarity movement, through which he met his wife Danuta, with whom he had two children. After his death he was awarded one of Poland's most prestigious honours for his services to democracy.

Marie Hartley, 34, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, worked for a greetings card firm. She and her husband David were described as "soul mates" who lived "totally" for their sons Liam and Aiden. A talented artist, Mrs Hartley was in London on the morning of 7/7 to attend an exhibition in Islington, north London, with a colleague.

Miriam Hyman, 31, a picture researcher from Barnet. She was born at London's University College Hospital, graduated from University College London and lost her life in Tavistock Square - all within about one square mile. Before her death, she was planning to set up her own greeting card company called Mimento, a play on her nickname "Mim".

Shahara Islam, 20, a bank cashier from Plaistow. The East Ender was a Londoner and British but "above all a true Muslim and proud to be so", her relatives said. Following travel disruption on the morning of July 7, she boarded the number 30 bus with a colleague, Emma Plunkett, who survived the blast.

Neetu Jain, 37, a computer analyst from Hendon. Born in New Delhi in India, she moved to the UK with her family in 1968.At the time of her death she had recently started a new job with an IT firm called TXT4 based in Hoxton Square, east London, and was about to marry her partner.

Sam Ly, 28, a computer technician from Melbourne, Australia. Born in Vietnam, My Ly moved with his family to Melbourne, Australia, as a refugee when he was a toddler. He proposed to his girlfriend, Mandy Ha, at the age of five when they were at primary school together, and they went on to become a couple at university before moving to London in 2003.

Shyanuja Niroshini Parathasangary, 30, a post office worker from Kensal Rise. Born in Colombo, Sri Lanka, she came to London with her family aged just 19 months and went on to graduate from London's South Bank University with a degree in business studies and administration. Ms Parathasangary was especially close to her sister, and the two women were refurbishing a house with a view to moving in together at the time of her death.

Anat Rosenberg, 39, an Israeli charity worker who was living in Finsbury Park. Born in Israel, she moved to London where she enjoyed going out almost every night to ballet, contemporary dance, theatre, opera and concerts. She was also an obsessive buyer of shoes, costume jewellery and quirky handbags. After her death, the sale of her "vast" collection raised a huge amount of money for Wizo, the international Jewish women's organisation.

Philip Russell, 28, a financier from Kennington. Mr Russell grew up in Kent and graduated from Kingston University with a degree in business studies. He then followed his passion for travelling with a solo trip to South Africa, Australia and New Zealand before finding work in the City of London. After joining JP Morgan Asset Management, he was promoted twice in the 20 months before his death.

William Wise, 54, an IT specialist from Notting Hill. The son of a GP, Mr Wise grew up in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, and went on to marry his wife Christine in 1976. Although the pair separated in 1997, they got back together two years before he was killed in the Tavistock Square bombing.

Gladys Wundowa, 50, from Ilford, Essex, who worked as a cleaner at University College London. Born in Ghana to a poor cocoa farming family, she moved to London in 1983 as the maid of a Lebanese family. She met her husband, Emmanuel, in 1986 and they had a son and a daughter. She was planning to return to her homeland with her husband when she was murdered.