WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1020167
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ROEHAMPTON HIGH STREET AND TREVILLE STREET
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate highway works In connection with the "Quletways" routes for cyclists ("the works') they Intend to make an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce temporary prohibitions of traffic in Roehampton High Street and Treville Street, the north-west to south-east arm.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) in:
(a) Roehampton High Street, from the south-western kerb-line of Treville Street south-westwards for a distance of approximately 12.5 metres (outside No. 57 Roehampton High Street); and
(b) Treville Street, the north-west to south-east arm.
3. Whilst the works take place and without prejudice to the validity of anything done or to any liability incurred in respect of any act or omission before the coming into operation of this Order, the designation by The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. 1) Traffic Order 1975 of the one way working in Treville Street, the north-west to south-east arm, therein is hereby suspended.
4. Whilst the Order remains in force, alternative routes for vehicles (if available) will be indicated by traffic signs. Local access will be maintained whenever possible.
5. The Order will come into effect on 11th March 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
8. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
Dated 15th February 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive