WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC HIGHWAYS LINING WORKSNotice ID: SUT0881735
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC HIGHWAYS LINING WORKS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth, on the 8th November 2018 made an Order to facilitate highways lining works, the effect of which will be to introduce temporary prohibition of traffic in various streets within the borough.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait in those streets or parts o1 streets as specified in the Schedule to this Notice. It is anticipated that not all closures would be in place at the same time.
3. Alternative routes for vehicles will be available, as indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order will come into operation on 12th November 2018 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are completed. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing o1 traffic signs.
5. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5278.
Dated 9th November 2018
Town Hall PAUL MARTIN
Wandsworth Chief Executive
Specified Streets and Parts of Streets for Highways Lining Works
Roehampton High Street
Putney Heath (part)
Sheepcote Lane (part)