BARROWELL GREEN N21 - INTRODUCTION OF SPEED HUMPS FIRS LANE N21 - INTRODUCTION OF PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AND RELOCATION OF WIDTH RESTRICTIONS STONARD ROAD N13 AT JUNCTION WITH HOPPERS ROAD N21 - INTRODUCTION OF ENTRY TREATMENT AVONDALE ROAD N13, EATON PARK ROAD N13, FIRS LANE N21, HOPPERS ROAD N13 & N21, LYTTON AVENUE N13, MEADOWCROFT ROAD N13 and STONARD ROAD N13 - INTRODUCTION OF 'AT ANYTIME' WAITING RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: WAT0791219
BARROWELL GREEN N21 - INTRODUCTION OF SPEED HUMPS FIRS LANE N21 - INTRODUCTION OF PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AND RELOCATION OF WIDTH RESTRICTIONS STONARD ROAD N13 AT JUNCTION WITH HOPPERS ROAD N21 - INTRODUCTION OF ENTRY TREATMENT AVONDALE ROAD N13, EATON PARK ROAD N13, FIRS LANE N21, HOPPERS ROAD N13 & N21, LYTTON AVENUE N13, MEADOWCROFT ROAD N13 and STONARD ROAD N13 - INTRODUCTION OF 'AT ANYTIME' WAITING RESTRICTIONS
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 07855 761934.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) propose to make the Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. *) Traffic Order 201* and the Enfield (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 201* under sections 6, and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to:
(a) revoke and introduce the width restrictions in Firs Lane at a new location north of the existing location;
(b) introduce 'At any time' waiting restrictions at the locations listed in the fourth paragraph of the title, these restrictions would be mainly at the junctions in those roads.
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to control the speed of traffic, the Council propose to construct under sections 90A to 90I of the Highways Act 1980-
(a) speed humps which would have a height of 75 millimetres constructed at the locations specified in Schedule 1 to this Notice; and
(b) a continuous footway which would be constructed level with the adjacent kerbs, between 7 and 8 metres from the junction and cover the full width of the road at the location specified in Schedule 2 to this Notice.
4. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) has approved, under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the introduction of a parallel zebra pedestrian crossing (a crossing where traffic should give way to pedestrians and cyclists) in Firs Lane N21 north of its junction with Barrowell Green N21. The extent of the crossing including the associated zig-zag markings (which would prohibit all vehicles from stopping on them for any reason at all times) would be as specified in Schedule 3 to this Notice.
5. A copy of each of the proposed Orders, of maps indicating the locations and effects of the proposed Orders, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and any other relevant documents can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
6. Any person desiring to object to the proposed Orders, or make any other representations in respect of them, the proposed pedestrian crossing, the proposed relocation of the width restrictions and the proposed traffic calming features ie the speed humps and entry treatment, should send a statement in writing
to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1395, by 3 October 2018, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Should you wish to discuss the proposals in more detail with a Council officer, please ring the above-mentioned telephone number to arrange a mutually convenient time.
7. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 12 September 2018 David B. Taylor
Head of Traffic and Transportation
(Speed humps, 3.7 metres long and up to 9 metres wide) Barrowell Green N21
Outside Nos. 2A, at the boundary of Nos. 31 & 33, Outside No. 60, Outside No. 83 and at the footpath access which lies between Nos. 96 and 98.
SCHEDULE 2 (continuous footway locations)
Stonard Road N13 at its junction with Hoppers Road.
(Extent of the new parallel zebra crossing including zig-zag markings) Firs Lane N21,
Between a point 9.5 metres north of the northern kerb-line of Barrowell Green northwards for a distance of 32 metres *
.... . Council
www.enfield.gov.uk ^ i