Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT0754104
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON INTRODUCTION OF SW1 CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (SW1) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (SW1) ORDER 201*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The main effect of the Orders would be to introduce a controlled parking zone "SW1" to include Rodney Place, South Wimbledon, only.
3. The general effect of the 'SW1 Parking Places' Order would be to: -
(a) designate parking places that would operate Mondays to Fridays between the hours of 8.30am and 6.30pm inclusive in certain lengths of Rodney Place listed in the Schedule to this Notice,
(b) specify that-
(i) each parking place may be used, subject to the provisions of the Order, for the leaving during permitted hours of such vehicles as are passenger vehicles, goods carrying vehicles, or invalid carriages displaying a valid permit. Motor cycles and vehicles displaying a "blue badge' would park free;
(ii) a maximum of 3 permits per residential address would be issued by the Council or its agents to persons whose usual place of abode is in the lengths of roads specified in the Schedule to this Notice and subject to sub-paragraphs (iv) to (vi) below, the charges would be £65 per annum or £32.50 for six months for the first permit, £110 per annum or £55 for six months for the second permit and £140 per annum or £70 for six months for the third permit;
(iii) charges for other permits would be, subject to sub-paragraphs (ivj to (vi) below, as follows: resident address permits would charged at the same rate as residents' permits, free for housebound or registered disabled applicants; business permits would be £331 for 6 months, annual visitor permits (one per household) would be £140, residents would be entitled to 100 half day temporary visitors' permits at a charge of £1.50 per permit valid between 8.30am and 2pm or between noon and 6.30pm Mondays to Fridays inclusive; teacher permits would be £180 per annum and all zone trader permits would be £900 per annum, £600 for 6 months, £375 for 3 months, £150 for 1 month and £50 for 1 week;
(iv) there may be an additional £25 charge for the administration of new permits issued and renewals of permits which would be waived if the successful applicant is granted a permit within 4 weeks of the Order coming into operation and when a permit holder applies for a renewal within 4 weeks of the permit expiring;
(v) an additional charge (diesel surcharge) would apply to resident, business, teacher and trade parking permits for all diesel vehicles. This would be phased in as follows:-
I. £115 annual surcharge until 31 March 2019;
II. £150 annual surcharge from 1 April 2019.
Permits issued for a duration of less than a year would be subject to the surcharge on a pro-rata basis;
(vi) set the resident parking permit charge for electric vehicles at a discounted rate of £25 per annum and apply a reduction of £40 per annum to business, teacher and trade parking permit charges for electric vehicles, pro-rata for a minimum of 6 months.
4. The general effect of the 'Waiting and Loading' Order would be to introduce additional waiting restrictions operating "at any time' in Rodney Place, the west and south sides, from a point 29 metres south of Nelson Grove Road southward and then eastward to the common boundary of Nos. 15 and 16 Rodney Place and waiting restrictions operating between 8.30am and 6.30pm Mondays to Fridays inclusive at the locations specified in the Schedule to this Notice.
5. A copy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including a plan which indicates the lengths of road to which the Orders relate can be inspected Monday to Friday during normal office hours at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
6. Any person desiring to comment on the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department at the Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX, or alternatively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ES/SW1, no later than 7 September 2018.
Dated: 16 August 2018.
(a) Rodney Place, the west side, from a point 9 metres south of the southern kerb-line of Nelson Grove Road southward for a distance of 20 metres, partially on the footway.
(b) Rodney Place, the north-side, from a point 0.5 metres west of a point in line with the west building wall of No. 1 Rodney Place, eastward to a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 15 and 16 Rodney Place, fully on the carriageway
(c) Rodney Place, three parking bays, fully on the footway, at the easternmost extremity of Rodney Place.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) (VARIOUS ROADS) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) (NO. 11) ORDER 2018
1. The London Borough of Merton Council hereby give notice that to facilitate a programme of carriageway resurfacing and general maintenance works to be undertaken in the roads specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this notice, they intend to make an Order, the effect of which, during the works, would be to temporarily prohibit vehicular traffic from entering, proceeding in or waiting, including in any parking places, in those roads or lengths of roads specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this notice.
2. Any designated parking place situated in any of the roads or lengths of roads specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this notice would be suspended for the duration of the works in those roads or lengths of roads.
3. Alternative routes for diverted traffic would be indicated by advance warning and diversion signs on the roads affected when the works are in progress but would likely be those diversion routes specified in column 2 of the Schedule to this notice.
The restrictions would apply only during such times and to such extent as would from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Any vehicle that is in contravention of any waiting restrictions imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
Nothing in the Order would apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) emergency service vehicles, subject to site conditions at the time of any emergency; or
(d) any person requiring vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited roads or lengths of roads insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
The Order would come into force on Monday 3 September 2018 and the anticipated works dates are specified in column 3 of the Schedule to this notice. However, the Order would remain in operation for a maximum period of 12 months and its provisions would be re-introduced should further works be required.
Dated: 16 August 2018.
PROPOSED CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING AND GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKS
Length of Road _Closure_
THE CAUSEWAY, SW19, between Cannizaro Road and The Green
Diversion via Cannizaro Road (B281), Parkside (A219) and The Green or via Cannizaro Road, West Side Common, Southside Common, High Street and
Diversion via Morden Road (A24), Parkleigh Road and Willmore End
and vice versa_
Cottenham Park Road, Durham Road (B281) and Cambridge Road
and vice versa_
Diversion via Green Lane (B27B), Love Lane and Glastonbury Road
and vice versa_
A signed diversion will be on site during the works
Anticipated Times of _Works_
Monday 3rd September 2018 for 1 day between the hours of 8am and 5pm only
NURSERY ROAD, SOUTH WIMBLEDON, for its entire length
OAKWOOD ROAD, SW20, for its entire length
GLASTONBURY ROAD, MORDEN, between Green Lane and
CHURCH ROAD, WIMBLEDON VILLAGE, between High Street and Burghley Road
Tuesday 4th September 2018 for 1 day between the hours of 8am and
Wednesday 5th September 2018 for 1 day between the hours of 8am and 5pm only Thursday 6th September 2018 for 2 days between the hours of 8am and 5pm only Monday 10th September 2018 for 3 nights between the hours of 8pm and 5am the following morning_
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX