Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984Notice ID: SUT0713893
Transport for London
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
THE A205 GLA ROAD (UPPER RICHMOND ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow bridge inspection works to take place on Upper Richmond Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) Entering, exiting or proceeding on Upper Richmond Road between its junctions with West Hill and Putney High Street, local access will be maintained between West Hill and Keswick Road and between Putney High Street and Plaza Gardens;
(2) Stopping on Upper Richmond Road between its junction with Keswick Road and Carlton Drive.
The Order will be effective between 9:00 PM on the 26th July 2018 and 5:00 AM on the 27th July 2018 or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via West Hill, Tibet's Corner, Tibet's Rise, Putney Hill or reverse to normal route of travel.
Dated this 19th day of July 2018 Claire Wright
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London,
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON