ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE BRIGHTON & HOVE (LONDON TO BRIGHTON BIKE RIDE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2017Notice ID: MF0220696
BRIGHTON & HOVE CITY COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE BRIGHTON & HOVE (LONDON TO BRIGHTON BIKE RIDE)
(TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2017
1. On Sunday 18th June 2017 the London to Brighton Bike Ride is taking place and finishes in Madeira Drive, Brighton. To facilitate its safe passage parts of the route will need to be closed to traffic and therefore Brighton & Hove City Council intend not less than seven days from the date of this notice to make an Order pursuant to powers in Section 16A to C of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended which when it comes into force will have the following effect between the hours of 07.30 and 21.00 on that day.
No person shall cause or permit any vehicle that is not participating in, or connected with the London to Brighton Bike Ride to proceed in, exit from, or turn into any of the lengths of road specified below, except upon the direction or with the permission of a Police Constable in uniform or that of a uniformed marshal:-
Temporary Road Closures Sunday 18th June 2017 from 07.30-21.00 hours
1. Ditchling Road, Brighton - from the city boundary to the northern kerbline of Carden Avenue / Coldean Lane at Old Boat Corner
2. Coldean Lane, Brighton - from its junction with Ditchling Road (Old Boat Corner) to its junction with Forest Road.
3. Coldean Lane, Brighton - southbound carriageway only, from its junction with Forest Road to its junction with the northern kerbline of Park Road.
4. Southover Street, Brighton - at its junction with Lewes Road. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: via. Lewes Road, Elm Grove and Queen's Park Road.
5. Morley Street and Kingswood Street, Brighton - at their junction with Grand Parade.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: via. Grand Parade, Pavilion Parade, Old Steine, Edward Street, William Street, Kingswood Street and Circus Street.
6. Mill Road, Brighton - between its junctions with the A23 London Road and Dyke Road Drive.
The effect of this closure is to allow for the storage of vehicles being used to transport riders and bicycles away from Brighton having completed the ride.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: via. A27 Brighton Bypass Pedestrian access will not be affected.
Temporary Reversal of Traffic Flow Sunday 18th June 2017 from 07.30-21.00 hours
7. Coldean Lane, Brighton - northbound carriageway only, from its junction with Forest Road to its junction with the northern kerbline of Park Road.Traffic flow will be reversed from northbound to southbound flow
The effect of the above measures will be to prevent vehicles entering Coldean Lane from Carden Avenue and Ditchling Road (at Old Boat Corner), Badger Way and Hawkhurst Road.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: for vehicles entering the Coldean area this will be via. the A270 Lewes Road, Coldean Lane (northbound) and Park Road, and for vehicles exiting it will be via. Forest Road, Coldean Lane (southbound) and Lewes Road.
Prohibition of Left turns Sunday 18th June 2017 from 07.30-21.00 hours
8. From the A23 Richmond Place, southbound carriageway, into Richmond Parade.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: via. Grand Parade, Marlborough Place, Gloucester Place and then a right turn into Richmond Parade
9. From the A23 Old Steine, southbound carriageway into Marine Parade at the Aquarium Roundabout.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: via. Old Steine, Edward Street and Upper and Lower Rock Gardens.
Prohibition of Right turns Sunday 18th June 2017 from 07.30-21.00 hours
10.From Union Road, eastbound carriageway, into Lewes Road and A270 (southbound).
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: via. Lewes Road (northbound) Elm Grove, Wellington Road and Franklin Road.
Dated: 23rd May 2017.
Nick Hibberd Executive Director,
Economy Environment & Culture 1
Brighton & Hove City Council ^
1st Floor, Hove Town Hall 1
l Norton Road, Hove.
Norton Road, Hove.