ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A24 GLA ROAD (HIGH STREET COLLIER'S WOOD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITON OF STOPPING) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT2240674
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (HIGH STREET COLLIER'S WOOD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITON OF STOPPING) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is because of the likelihood of danger to the public, to prohibit traffic in the London Borough of Merton from stopping on or near certain sections of the A24 High Street Collier's Wood.
3. The effect of the Order will be to Introduce a new loading and unloading bay No stopping at any time except 8am - 2pm for vehicles to load and unload for a maximum of 20 minutes opposite Nos.22-26 High Street Collier's Wood.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 12:01 AM on 1st November 2021 until 11:59 PM on 25th May 2022 or when any further order made comes into effect, whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of for the purposes of those restrictions or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. The A24 GLA Road (High Street Collier's Wood, London Borough of Merton) (Temporary Prohibition of Stopping) Order 2020 is hereby repealed.
Dated this 28th day of October 2021
Gerard O' Toole
Network Regulation Manager
Transport for London