ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a), 5(b)Notice ID: MFN0630226
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a), 5(b) AND (7) THE FOLLOWING APPLIES
THE A12 TRUNK ROAD (JUNCTION 27, SPRING LANE INTERCHANGE TO JUNCTION 29, CROWN INTERCHANGE) AND THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE TO RAMSEY ROUNDABOUT) ESSEX (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that National Highways Limited(a) has made an Order on the A12 Trunk Road and the A120 Trunk Road in the County of Essex to enable resurfacing, road markings, sign replacement, technology works, maintenance of safety barriers, drainage works, site clearance and other general routine maintenance works to be carried out in safety.
The works will take place overnight (8pm-6am), in phases and are expected to last for approximately 4 months, starting on, or after, Monday 25 October 2021. There will be some full weekend closures (8pm Friday to 6am Monday) starting on, or after Friday 29 October 2021.
For the purpose of this notice, the A12 Junction 27 Spring Lane Interchange, the A12/A120/A1232 Junction 29 Crown Interchange and the A12 Junction 30 Stratford St Mary South shall be known, respectively as J27, J29 and J30. The effect of the Order will be to -
1. Impose for 24 hours daily a speed limit of
1.1 50 miles per hour on the A12 northbound carriageway between 700 metres and 350 metres south of the its diverge point with the A120 eastbound at J29, and
1.2 40 miles per hour on the -
- A12 northbound carriageway from 350 metres south of its diverge point with the A120 eastbound at J29, for a distance of 350 metres east, A120 eastbound carriageway from its diverge point with the A12 northbound carriageway at J29, to Ramsey Roundabout, a distance of 23650 metres east,
- A120 westbound carriageway from Ramsey Roundabout for a distance of 23700 metres west, and
- any entry slip road leading to and exit slip road leading from the eastbound and westbound carriageways of the A120 at the A120/ A1232 Ipswich Road roundabout, at Crown Interchange.
2. Close, alternately, the -
2.1 A12 northbound and southbound carriageways between J27 and J29 diverting traffic off the A12 at J27 then via Cymbeline Way, Cowdray Avenue and Ipswich Road to re-join at J29, and vice versa, and
- eastbound carriageway from its diverge point with the A12 northbound carriageway to the entry slip road from the A120/ A1232 roundabout at J29, diverting traffic northbound on the A12 to J30, then southbound back to J29,
eastbound and westbound carriageways between J29 and Horsley Cross Roundabout, diverting eastbound traffic via the A1232, A133, B1033 and B1035 to join the A120 at Horsley Cross Roundabout; vice versa for westbound traffic,
- eastbound and westbound carriageways between Horsley Cross Roundabout and Ramsey Roundabout, diverting eastbound traffic via the B1035 and B1352 to re-join the A120 at Ramsey Roundabout; vice versa for westbound traffic, and
- westbound carriageway from Ramsey Roundabout to Hare Green Interchange, diverting traffic via the B1352, B1414, B1033 and A133 to re-join the A120 at Hare Green Interchange.
All slip roads leading to and from the lengths of carriageway described at 2 above will be closed during the works.
All gaps in the central reservation along the lengths of A120 carriageway described at 2.2 above will be closed for the duration of the works, and the lay-bys adjacent to the lengths of carriageway described at 2 above will be closed for 24 hours daily for the duration of the works. There will be restricted access to and from the A120 at its junction with side roads. Access to and from properties only accessible from the trunk road will be maintained throughout the works.
The provisions of The Essex County Council (North East Essex) (Prohibition of Heavy Commercial Vehicles) (Variation) Order 1994 will be suspended during the closures to allow all vehicles to use the diversion route during the works.
The temporary mandatory speed limits (which will not apply to emergency service or special force vehicles), closures (which will not apply to emergency service, winter maintenance or works vehicles) and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs.
THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (COGGESHALL, ESSEX) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that National Highways Limited(a) has made an Order on the A120 Trunk Road in Essex to enable maintenance of vehicle activated signs and routine maintenance works to be carried out in safety.
The works are expected to take place over 2 weeks (8pm-6am, Saturday and Sunday only) starting on, or after, Saturday 30 October 2021. The effect of the Order will be to close the A120 eastbound and westbound carriageways between the B1024 Colne Road, Coggeshall and Old Road, Surrex, Coggeshall - diverting eastbound traffic at Panners Interchange via the A131, A130 and A12 to re-join the A120 at Marks Tey Roundabout; vice versa for westbound traffic. Access will be maintained for properties only accessible from the length of closed trunk road.
All lay-bys adjacent to the length of A120 described above will be closed for 24 hours daily for the duration of the works. The closures (which will not apply to emergency service, traffic officer, works or winter maintenance vehicles) and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs.
These Orders will come into force on 25 October 2021 and may continue in force until the works detailed above have been completed, or for a maximum duration of eighteen months, whichever is the earlier.
Mrs D Mainstone,
National Highways Limited
(a) Registered in England and Wales under company no. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ.
General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Paul Coates at National Highways Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW, by telephoning 0121 234 1792 or email to