BRIGHTON & HOVE (PROHIBITION OF DRIVING) (TEMPLE STREET) ORDER 2021 (TRO-37-2020)Notice ID: MFN0620301
BRIGHTON & HOVE CITY COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
NOTICE is hereby given that Brighton & Hove City Council ('the Council') has on 11 August 2021 made the Orders named below under the relevant sections of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended which when it comes into operation on 21st August 2021 will make permanent the following changes:-
BRIGHTON & HOVE (PROHIBITION OF DRIVING) (TEMPLE STREET) ORDER 2021 (TRO-37-2020)
* Prohibition of Driving (except for pedal cycles) in Temple Street at junction with Western Road
* Allows two-way traffic in Temple Street
BRIGHTON & HOVE VARIOUS CONTROLLED PARKING ZONES CONSOLIDATION
ORDER 2018 AMENDMENT ORDER NO.17 2021 (TRO-37-2020)
* No waiting or loading at any time at closure with Western Road to allow for turning circle.
* Permit parking and shared parking in Temple Street to be altered to allow for turning circle.
* Relocation of pedal cycle parking in Temple Street to run parallel to Western Road, where the road is closed.
* Relocation of motorcycle bay in Temple Street to Bedford Place, shared parking and car club bays on Bedford Place altered to allow the installation of relocated motorcycle bay.
The changes described above were originally the subject of an experimental traffic order that was advertised on 11 December 2020; Brighton & Hove (Various Restrictions) (Temple Street) Experimental Order 2020 (Ref: TRO-37-2020) A copy of this Notice, the Orders as made and a statement of the Council's reasons for making the Orders may be seen online at
. Any person who wishes to question the validity of either of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Act, or that any requirements of the Act or of any instrument made under it have not been complied with may, within six weeks from the date on which the Order was made, apply to the High Court for that purpose. Dated: 20 August 2021. Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture,
Brighton & Hove City Council, c/o Parking Infrastructure, G40 Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove BN3 3BQ.