ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) MERTON HALL ROAD, WIMBLEDON CHASE (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT2175611
London Borough of Merton
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
MERTON HALL ROAD, WIMBLEDON CHASE (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate water main works in Merton Hall Road, Wimbledon Chase, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular traffic in the said road.
2. During the works
(a) no person will cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in Merton Hall Road, Wimbledon Chase, between the common boundary of Nos. 79 and 81 Merton Hall Road and a point 7 metres south-east of the common boundary of Nos. 83 and 85 Merton Hall Road;
(b) no person will cause or permit any vehicle to wait, including for the purposes of loading or unloading, in the length of road specified in paragraph 2(a) above; and
(c) no person will enter or proceed in the footways in the length of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a) above.
3. Any designated parking place situated in the length of Merton Hall Road specified in paragraph 2(b) above will be suspended for the duration of the works in that length of road.
4. The restrictions and suspensions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform, a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes; or
(d) any person requiring either access or vehicular access to the properties in the length of Merton Hall Road specified in paragraph 2(a) above, insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. Vehicular traffic affected by the road closure should proceed via Henfield Road, Rayleigh Road Avebury Road or vice-versa.
7. Pedestrians affected by a footway closure should proceed using the footway opposite.
8. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
9. The Order will come into operation on Monday 23rd August 2021 and it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 27 August 2021. However the Order will remain in force for 3 months should further works be required.
Dated 17 August 2021.
Paul McGarry Merton Civic Centre
Head of futureMerton London Road, Morden
London Borough of Merton Telephone: 020 8274 4901 Surrey SM4 5DX