INTRODUCTION OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE RECHARGING POINTNotice ID: WAT2011118
INTRODUCTION OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE RECHARGING POINT
PARKING PLACES IN THE SERVICE ROAD FRONTING NOS. 235 TO 257 BULLSMOOR LANE EN1, THE SERVICE ROAD FRONTING BETJEMAN COURT NO. 50 COCKFOSTERS ROAD EN4 AND THE SERVICE ROAD FRONTING NOS. 254 TO 258 NIGHTINGALE ROAD N9 THE SERVICE ROAD FRONTING NOS. 235 TO 257 BULLSMOOR LANE EN1 - AMENDMENT TO SHORT TERM PARKING PLACE THE SERVICE ROAD FRONTING BETJEMAN COURT NO. 50 COCKFOSTERS ROAD EN4 -AMENDMENT TO PAY AND DISPLAY PARKING PLACE
Further information may be obtained by telephoning Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 020 8132 1857.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield propose to make the Enfield (Electric Vehicle Recharging Point)(Parking Places) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 202*, the Enfield (Short Term Parking Place) (The Service Road Fronting Nos. 235 to 257 Bullsmoor Lane) (No. 1) Traffic Order 202* and the Enfield (Parking Places) (Pay and Display) (Various Roads) (No. *) Traffic Order 202* under sections 45, 46, 49, 51 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be -
(a) to designate electric vehicle recharging point parking places in the roads listed in the first paragraph of the heading of this Notice(Note: at all times while a vehicle is left at these parking places it must be connected and actively re-charging via an appropriate lead, where there would be a maximum recharging stay of 11 hours, no return on the same day);
(b) to adjust an existing free short term parking place in the service road fronting Nos. 235 to 257 Bullsmoor Lane to accommodate an electric vehicle recharging point parking place; and
(c) to adjust an existing Pay and Display parking place in the service road fronting Betjeman Court No. 50 Cockfosters Road to accommodate an electric vehicle recharging point parking place. Charges for the Pay & Display parking place will remain as detailed in the table below:
Parking Period Charge Mon - Sat
Up to 15 minutes £0.40
Up to 30 minutes £0.80
Up to 1 hour £1.50
Up to 2 hours £3.00
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the draft orders, statement of reasons and plans cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alternative arrangements have been made:
a) The draft orders, statement of reasons and plans can be inspected online at:
b) Copies of the draft orders and plans can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing
or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1457), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
4. Any person desiring to object to the proposed Orders, or make any other representations in respect of them should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1457, by 17 March 2021
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 24 February 2021
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation