ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1960551
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES Sistova Road and Shipka Road SW12
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate works to construct various traffic calming features in Sistova Road and Shipka Road ("the works") they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce a temporary road closure as set out in paragraph 2 below.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in the following lengths of roads: -
Sistova Road at its junction with Bedford Hill; and Shipka Road at its junction with Bedford Hill.
The works will be carried out on a rolling basis, and the restrictions will apply at such times and to such an extent as indicated by traffic signs.
3. The Order shall come into effect on 4 January 2021, and the works are expected to be completed on 31 March 2021.
4. When the road closure is in force, signed alternative routes for traffic will be signposted via Bedford Hill and adjacent streets.,
5. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
6. The Order will come into effect on 4 January 2020 and will remain in force for a maximum period of 18 months. The works are anticipated to be complete as indicated in paragraph 3. The temporary road closure would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
7. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
8. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
Dated 31 December 2020
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive