ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1926572
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (EPSOM ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable gas main replacement works to take place on the A24 Epsom Road.
3. The effects of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from;
(1)entering or exiting Rougemont Avenue at its junction with Epsom Road;
(2) stopping on south-eastern side of Epsom Road between its junction with Holne Chase and outside No.15 Epsom Road. The Order will be effective from 07.00 AM on the 30th November 2020 until 11:59 PM on the 31st March 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: Epsom Road, Holne Chase, Torrington Way, Rougemont Avenue and then to normal route of travel.
Dated this 26th day of November 2020
Coordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ MAYOR OF LONDON