ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1889017
Transport for London Public Notice:
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A297 GLA ROAD (ST HELIER AVENUE, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING AND 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT) ORDER (No.2) 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow gas main replacement works to take place on St Helier Avenue.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) stopping on St Heliers Avenue between its junction with Arras Avenue and the extended southern building line of No.22 Rose Avenue;
(2) exceeding a speed limit of 20 MPH on St Helier Avenue between Connaught Gardens and the extended southern building line of No.22 Rose Avenue
The Order will also permit all vehicle to use the northbound bus lane on St Helier Avenue between the extended southern building line of No.22 Rose Avenue and Connaught Gardens. The Order will be effective from 12:01 AM on 22nd October 2020 until 11:59 PM on 29th October 2020 or when the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes.
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 22nd day of October 2020
Coordination and Permitting Area Manager