LOW TRAFFIC NEIGHBOURHOODS EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME - GRAVENEY WARD AND WEST PUTNEY AREANotice ID: SUT1829185
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
LOW TRAFFIC NEIGHBOURHOODS EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME - GRAVENEY WARD AND WEST PUTNEY AREA
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (No. 7) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Bus Gate) (No. 1) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Prescribed Route) (No. 5) Experimental Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 26 August 2020 made the above Orders under sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The general effects of the Orders and LTN measures are detailed in the Schedule to this Notice.
3. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into operation on 4 September 2020, and of documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of a period of six months from the date on which the Orders were made in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
5. Copies of the Orders may be obtained from the Department of Environment and Community Services at the address given below.
6. Whilst the Orders remain in force the Assistant Director - Traffic and Engineering, or some person authorised by him, may modify or suspend the Orders or any provision contained in them if it appears to him or that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders run.
7. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person wishing to object to the making of Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation may, within the above mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference ES/TMO/1816).
8. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this 27 August 2020
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive Town Hall Wandsworth, SW18 2PU
Graveney Ward Southern area
Modal filter on Mellison Road between Sellincourt Road and Himley Road (cycles exempt) Modal filter on Bickersteth Road between Longley Road and Glasford Street (cycles exempt) No Entry from Mitcham Road to Glasford Street, Otteburn Road, Stella Road No entry from Byton Road to Loubet Street
Diagonal diverter at the junction of Charlmont Road with Sellincourt Road, restricting the north south movement on Charlmont Road to through traffic.
Graveney Ward Northern Area
Franciscan Road modal filters between Cowick Road and Gassiot Road and to the south of its junction with Moring Road.
No entries into side roads off Franciscan Road
Left turn only from Eswyn Road into Franciscan Road
Modal filters on Gassiot Road and Cowick Road at their junctions with Franciscan Road
Blakenham Road diagonal diverters at the junctions with Lessingham Road with Coteford Street
Modal filters on Blakenham Road modal filter between Cowick Road and Chasefield Road
Modal filters on the side road junctions of Letchworth Street and Kellino Street with Blakenham Road
Modal filter on Totterdown Street south of the junction with Ashvale Road.
Modal filters can consist of temporary works barriers in the first instance but also be upgraded to
planters over time which prevent motor vehicle through traffic but enables pedal cycles to pass through.
West Putney Area Doverhouse Road
Alteration of mini roundabout and parking bays and installation of a bus gate to the north of the Parkstead Road mini roundabout to remove rat-running issues.
Point closure on Huntingfield Road to the north of the Parkstead Road/ Huntingfield Road mini roundabout to compliment the Dover House/ Parkstead Road bus gate and remove north-south route. Point closure to the north of Parkstead Road junction with Putney Park Lane to compliment the Dover House/ Parkstead Road bus gate and remove north-south route.
Stop-up Genoa Road for a distance of 60m from Westleigh Avenue within the heart of the WPSA as there are no direct property frontages in this section and the bus movement would still be permitted. This should initially be a trial to understand the offset and appropriate measures developed
Chartfield Avenue junction with Larpent Avenue
Upgrade minimum sections of existing single yellow lines to double yellow lines to improve
inter-visibility splays at the junction
Hazlewell Road junction with Gwendolen Avenue
Upgrade minimum sections of existing single yellow lines to double yellow lines to improve inter-visibility splays at the junction
Modal filters can consist of temporary works barriers in the first instance but also be upgraded to planters over time which prevent motor vehicle through traffic but enables pedal cycles to pass through.