ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1605180
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate electrical works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Tuesday 18 February 2020, with works expected to take 5 days, to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily in Robertsbridge Road, Carshalton:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting between its junctions with Stavordale Road and New-stead Walk; and
- introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no' loading 'at any time' outside No's 85 to 93.
4. Alternative routes for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in force will be via Robertsbridge Road, Stavordale Road, Kelso Road, Newstead Walk and vice versa
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 13 February 2020