PROPOSED HOLTWHITES HILL AREA CONTROLLED PARKING ZONENotice ID: WAT1492511
PROPOSED HOLTWHITES HILL AREA CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE
HOLTWHITES HILL (Part) and HOLTWHITES AVENUE
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, on telephone number 020 8132 0973.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) propose to make:
(a) the Enfield (Residents' Parking Places) (Holtwhites Hill) (No. 1) Order 201*;
(b) the Enfield (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.) Order 201 *.
under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 51 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to:
(a) introduce a controlled parking zone into the Holtwhites Hill area, by providing residents' parking places; and
(b) introduce new "Monday to Friday Noon to 1 pm" waiting restrictions.
3. The effect of the Residents' Parking Places Order would be to:
(a) designate residents' parking places in the streets specified in Schedule 1 to this Notice at which charges may be made by the Borough Council for vehicles authorised by the Order to be left in those parking places;
(b) provide that the parking places would operate between Noon and 1 pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive (Christmas Day, Good Friday or Bank Holidays excepted);
(c) specify that the vehicles which may be left in the residents' parking places shall be those displaying either a valid residents' permit, community health staff permit, social services staff permit, special permit, carers' permit or visitors parking card issued by the Council ?r its authorised agent under the provisions of the relevant Order;
(d) provide that the charge for the issue of a residents' permit would be in accordance with the schedule of charges in Table 1 below, and that the residents' permit would be valid for a period of 12 months running from the beginning of the month in which it first becomes valid;
Table 1: Annual permit charges
Residents, carers and special permits
Based on engine size
1000cc or less
1001cc to 1600cc
1601cc to 1999cc
2001 cc to 2499cc
2500cc to 2999cc
Visitor parking cards (Book of ten) £7.50
Replacement or duplicate permits £20
(e) provide that the charge for the issue of a community health staff permit or a social services staff permit would be £25 and which would be valid for a period of 12 months running from the beginning of the month in which it first becomes valid;
(f) provide that the charge for the issue of a carers' permit would be in accordance with the schedule of charges for residents' permits shown in Table 1 above, and that the carers' permit would be valid for a period of 12 months running from the beginning of the month in which it first becomes valid;
(g) provide that the charge for the issue of a special permit would be in accordance with the schedule of charges for residents' permits shown in Table 1 above, and that the special permit would be valid for a period of 12 months running from the beginning of the month in which it first becomes valid;
(h) provide that the charge for the issue of a residents' visitors parking card which upon validation each would be valid for one day, would be £0.75 each. Parking cards are available in booklets comprising 10 parking cards each (a maximum of 50 parking cards may be issued to a householder in a 12 month period);
(i) provide that certain vehicles may wait free of charge in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight (maximum two minutes), to load or unload (maximum 20 minutes) and vehicles left by specified disabled persons (no time limit).
4. The effect of the Waiting and Loading Restriction Order would be to introduce new zone-hours waiting restrictions in the streets or parts of streets both within the proposed Holtwhites Hill controlled parking zone.
5. The streets and parts of streets specified in Schedule 1 to this Notice would form the extent of the zone and be used for the issue of residents' permits.
6. A copy of each of the proposed Orders, of a map indicating the locations and effects of the proposed Orders, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and other relevant documents can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
7. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposed Orders, or make any other representations in respect of any of them, should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG1431, by 1 January 2020, or by e-mail to
8. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 4 December 2019
DAVID B. TAYLOR
Head of Traffic and Transportation
List of streets within the proposed controlled parking zone for residents' permit issue
HOLTWHITES AVENUE and HOLTWHITES HILL (Nos. 1 to 62 & Nos. 2 to 62 and Buckworth Court)