Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 THE A24 GLA ROAD (TOOTING HIGH STREET, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2019Notice ID: SUT1396398
Transport for London
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (TOOTING HIGH STREET, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow signal modernisation works to take place on Tooting High Street.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from stopping in the Loading and Disabled Persons Vehicle bay outside Nos. 220 to 222 Tooting High Street.
The Order will be effective between 7:00 AM on the 18th October 2019 and 7:00 PM on the 30th November 2019 or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibition will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 11th day of October 2019 Jennifer Melbourne
Planning and Performance Manager - South
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ