RIVER AVENUE AND GREEN LANES N13 -TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC AND CYCLISTSNotice ID: WAT1356919
RIVER AVENUE AND GREEN LANES N13 -TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC AND CYCLISTS
Further information may be obtained by telephoning Highway Services on 020 8379 2039.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to facilitate essential utility works on Green Lanes N13, the Council of the London Borough of Enfield have made the Enfield (Green Lanes and River Avenue N13) (Temporary Restriction of Traffic and cyclists) Order 2019 under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. NOTE: (This notice supersedes the notice titled River Avenue and Green Lanes N13 published on 11 September 2019 which contained typographical errors which have now been corrected.)
2. The effect of the Order would be to prohibit vehicular traffic or cyclists from entering or proceeding on River Avenue and cyclists from entering or proceeding on the cycle lane on Green Lanes N13 at its junction with River Avenue, as and when directed by signage.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above will not apply to works vehicles or, if the works allow, to police or emergency services vehicles.
4. The prohibitions will come into operation on 19 September 2019 between 8am-4pm and will continue in force for 6 days until works are completed.
5. Whilst the prohibition remains in force the diversion route for vehicular traffic will be via River Avenue, Hedge Lane, Green Lanes N13 and vice versa.
Cyclists will be required to:
(i) dismount and walk for the length of the works on the cycle Lane; or
(ii) use the carriageway to cycle
Dated 18 September 2019
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation