London 2012 Olympics closing ceremony family from Beckenham talk about experience ahead of Paralympics
AN ENTIRE Beckenham family have spoken about their sporting ceremony experiences ahead of tonight's Paralympics opening ceremony.
All three family members took part in the Olympics closing ceremony earlier in the month and mum Sally also took part in the opening celebrations.
Sally Hixson, husband Timothy, and son George, of Wickham Way, participated in separate routines for the closing ceremony on August 12 which wowed millions of TV viewers worldwide.
Fifty-two year old Sally, who runs a meat importing business with her husband, wore a blue bowler hat with a light bulb for the ceremony.
She said: "The experience was life changing. I just wanted it to last longer.
"Danny Boyle and all the organisers were so generous with their time."
Sally said it was also a great place to make friends.
She added: "It was amazing to be surrounded by so many supportive and positive people."
George was one of the marching "fashionistas" next to the stage with Naomi Campbell.
The 19-year old said: "It was a fantastic experience and was really surreal to right by the supermodels."
George, who is a history student at the University of Leeds, admits he had never done much dancing or performing before.
He said: "One of the best things was how friendly it was. I made lots of friends."
Timothy, 56, was dressed in a newspaper suit for the procession.
He said: "I can't begin to explain what it was like.
"We’ll never have an experience like it again."
The Paralympic opening ceremony will be shown on August 29 at 8.30pm.