Chief executive quits Valley
11:21am Tuesday 7th August 2012 in Latest Sport
CHARLTON’S summer of upheaval behind the scenes continued this morning with the confirmation Steve Kavanagh had left his role as chief executive.
Kavanagh’s departure from the board was revealed late last month but it was made clear then he would continue on as chief executive.
However, chairman Michael Slater told the club’s official website Kavanagh had now severed all connections with the Addicks.
He said: “After we announced on July 26 that Steve had tendered his resignation as a member of the board of directors but that his employment as chief executive would continue, I received formal notice from him which terminated his employment.
“Change is inevitable in the management of any business and football is no different.
“Tony Jimenez, Richard Murray and I are looking forward to working with incoming executive vice-chairman Martin Prothero, and have complete confidence that the executive and senior management team that he puts together will continue to build on the great progress we have made both on and off the pitch over the past year and half.”
Today’s latest announcement comes on the back of the earlier departures of Peter Varney and Alex Newall from the club’s board, with Jimenez also increasing his own share in the club considerably over the close season.
Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt