Watford boss Beppe Sannino insists substitutions not to blame for 4-2 defeat at Nottingham Forest

Beppe Sannino. Picture: Action Images

Beppe Sannino. Picture: Action Images

First published in Latest Sport
Last updated

Watford boss Beppe Sannino says the players that came on in the second half at Nottingham Forest were not to blame for the 4-2 defeat at the City Ground and insists the Hornets win as a team and lose as a team.

Sannino brought Almen Abdi on for Fernando Forestieri immediately after Forest made it 2-1 and the Hornets dropped into a more defensive 3-5-2 formation.

Abdi was forced off with an injury 14 minutes later and he was replaced by Marco Cassetti before Diego Fabbrini came on for Ikechi Anya.

When asked if he regretted his decision to change the system, Sannino replied: "I changed the formation but we always played with five at the back.

"Manchester City gave us some positives because in midfield we changed. Tonight I think we were good but I think we can be better."

He added: "I tried to make some substitutions [to have more possession in the second half]. I brought on Almen Abdi and didn't imagine he would have to come off injured within a few minutes.

"But I think when you lose, you lose all together - it's not the players that came on or came off, when you lose it's all the players that lose the game and the boss too."

At one point in the second half, the Italian slipped over in the mud on the touchline much to the delight of the Forest supporters.

"It's part of football," Sannino said. "I would like to be on the pitch with my players but I wasn't able to win the challenge with the opposition.

"I wouldn't have minded coming out covered in mud if we had won the game."

Follow @Observer_Owl on Twitter

 

 

 

 

Comments (52)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:12am Fri 31 Jan 14

Wimbledonhorn says...

Sorry but that was absolutely pathetic last night. There is no spine to the team. When are the management at the club going to learn that IT'S NOT WORKING WITH 3 AT THE BACK. We have only won 1 game in the last 15/16 in the league against a team with 10 men. This could very easily lead to relegation. Remember Wolves were pre season favourites to go up last season and look what happened to them.

The pozzos need an urgent review of their transfer policy and coaching staff. There needs to be a strong 'British' spine to the team, similar to last season. Just look at the successful championship teams over the past few seasons. Strong, solid, no fragility.

I think we need an experienced coach at championship level. Wait a minute didn't we sack one 18 months ago......
Sorry but that was absolutely pathetic last night. There is no spine to the team. When are the management at the club going to learn that IT'S NOT WORKING WITH 3 AT THE BACK. We have only won 1 game in the last 15/16 in the league against a team with 10 men. This could very easily lead to relegation. Remember Wolves were pre season favourites to go up last season and look what happened to them. The pozzos need an urgent review of their transfer policy and coaching staff. There needs to be a strong 'British' spine to the team, similar to last season. Just look at the successful championship teams over the past few seasons. Strong, solid, no fragility. I think we need an experienced coach at championship level. Wait a minute didn't we sack one 18 months ago...... Wimbledonhorn
  • Score: 18

9:30am Fri 31 Jan 14

JohnnyBarnes says...

He's right, it's not the fault of the subs themselves... but it is the fault, in my opinion, of changing the system at two goals up - which is what went wrong at City

I think that the 3-4-2-1 suits us brilliantly. The '2' of Anya and Fessi is full of pace and skill, and with Deeney up front as well, it keeps the opposition pegged back a bit because they know that if they bomb forward we'll have them on the counter

... but then we move into 'protect the lead' mode - which would be better described as 'invite pressure' mode - take Fessi off, bring Cassetti on, there's no outlet anymore and City/Forest/whoever else can just attack at will without any fear of conceding.

PLEASE keep the 2+1 up front, even if we go a couple of goals up. It clearly works, and if it ain't broke...

I do have faith in Sannino though - I still think we'll come good.
He's right, it's not the fault of the subs themselves... but it is the fault, in my opinion, of changing the system at two goals up - which is what went wrong at City I think that the 3-4-2-1 suits us brilliantly. The '2' of Anya and Fessi is full of pace and skill, and with Deeney up front as well, it keeps the opposition pegged back a bit because they know that if they bomb forward we'll have them on the counter ... but then we move into 'protect the lead' mode - which would be better described as 'invite pressure' mode - take Fessi off, bring Cassetti on, there's no outlet anymore and City/Forest/whoever else can just attack at will without any fear of conceding. PLEASE keep the 2+1 up front, even if we go a couple of goals up. It clearly works, and if it ain't broke... I do have faith in Sannino though - I still think we'll come good. JohnnyBarnes
  • Score: 23

9:37am Fri 31 Jan 14

bigdave8 says...

''Hornets win as a team and lose as a team. '' I have compelety forgot what its like to win as a team. Lets just hope for a bit of luck Sunday, really need a win to get some confidence. What time does the Red Lion open Sunday? Might need a few beforehand
''Hornets win as a team and lose as a team. '' I have compelety forgot what its like to win as a team. Lets just hope for a bit of luck Sunday, really need a win to get some confidence. What time does the Red Lion open Sunday? Might need a few beforehand bigdave8
  • Score: 10

9:46am Fri 31 Jan 14

SAHornet says...

Reid was so immense for them last night. Tubby little git never gives up and battles until he drops. True British (ok, he's Irish) grit. Oh, for a few with that attitude on our team, eh?
Reid was so immense for them last night. Tubby little git never gives up and battles until he drops. True British (ok, he's Irish) grit. Oh, for a few with that attitude on our team, eh? SAHornet
  • Score: 10

10:02am Fri 31 Jan 14

Dino1982 says...

Much of what is translated is lost in translation.

I listened to several audios now and have found the translator gets lost when expressing and seems to struggle when explaining. Instead says the more basic things which can make Sannino seem less bothered!

Isn't it about time our Watford observer had someone on hand to translate these interviews for our paper and have the correct translation for readers.

This can especially be helpful when it comes to headlines which have been a little confusing lately and can possibly do damage to the club, Pozzo`s, manager etc.

If the Observer needs someone. Happy to help.
Much of what is translated is lost in translation. I listened to several audios now and have found the translator gets lost when expressing and seems to struggle when explaining. Instead says the more basic things which can make Sannino seem less bothered! Isn't it about time our Watford observer had someone on hand to translate these interviews for our paper and have the correct translation for readers. This can especially be helpful when it comes to headlines which have been a little confusing lately and can possibly do damage to the club, Pozzo`s, manager etc. If the Observer needs someone. Happy to help. Dino1982
  • Score: 12

10:05am Fri 31 Jan 14

bristol hornet says...

Am getting very worried now by Beppe's defensive substitutions.

Cost us three points at Bournemouth, same at Man City (but with obvious difference in class there), and last night with another two goal lead, he starts taking off our menacing strikers!

Zola would have gone for the jugular, for a third goal would have finished Forest off.

And being so weak aerially in defence, it was only a matter of time before we conceded. Why leave Fitz on the bench when he is a leader and the best header of the ball we have?
Am getting very worried now by Beppe's defensive substitutions. Cost us three points at Bournemouth, same at Man City (but with obvious difference in class there), and last night with another two goal lead, he starts taking off our menacing strikers! Zola would have gone for the jugular, for a third goal would have finished Forest off. And being so weak aerially in defence, it was only a matter of time before we conceded. Why leave Fitz on the bench when he is a leader and the best header of the ball we have? bristol hornet
  • Score: 21

10:22am Fri 31 Jan 14

Essex Hornet says...

We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more.
I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point.
The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch.
I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker.
Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH Essex Hornet
  • Score: 12

10:28am Fri 31 Jan 14

JohnnyBarnes says...

Essex Hornet wrote:
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
Do we need a British spine though?
I really don't think we need to be concentrating on nationailty, because British is more expensive... and, I believe, irrelevant

Patrick Vieira would be fine!

High hopes for Tozser anyway - I think we're just a striker light now.
[quote][p][bold]Essex Hornet[/bold] wrote: We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH[/p][/quote]Do we need a British spine though? I really don't think we need to be concentrating on nationailty, because British is more expensive... and, I believe, irrelevant Patrick Vieira would be fine! High hopes for Tozser anyway - I think we're just a striker light now. JohnnyBarnes
  • Score: 8

10:38am Fri 31 Jan 14

KeithMercer says...

Essex Hornet wrote:
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more.
I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point.
The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch.
I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker.
Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
Agree with most of this, but think if we can get Tozcer match fit quick enough he will fill the def/mid role more than adequately . He looks good quality and makes a mean Goulash !! Still seething about last night but have to move on and get some work done. Not really looking forward to Sunday apart from meeting up with the guys. COYHs
[quote][p][bold]Essex Hornet[/bold] wrote: We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH[/p][/quote]Agree with most of this, but think if we can get Tozcer match fit quick enough he will fill the def/mid role more than adequately . He looks good quality and makes a mean Goulash !! Still seething about last night but have to move on and get some work done. Not really looking forward to Sunday apart from meeting up with the guys. COYHs KeithMercer
  • Score: 2

10:43am Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

We have not got a clue!! 2-0 up and ok we might not have to have gone for a third but any one who knows anything about football knew forest would get back in!. They have not gone 10 unbeaten for nothing. No leaders on the pitch they all looked nervous. Our final ball all over the pitch was poor and for all of Angella's great work in getting his goals where the hell was he for their third!!! Relegation form we are in and I cannot see anyone on the pitch who is going to pull us out of it!!!!
We have not got a clue!! 2-0 up and ok we might not have to have gone for a third but any one who knows anything about football knew forest would get back in!. They have not gone 10 unbeaten for nothing. No leaders on the pitch they all looked nervous. Our final ball all over the pitch was poor and for all of Angella's great work in getting his goals where the hell was he for their third!!! Relegation form we are in and I cannot see anyone on the pitch who is going to pull us out of it!!!! hornetwise
  • Score: 3

10:55am Fri 31 Jan 14

francowatford says...

ive very been very upbeat but that was dreadful and very worrying. The shape of the team in the second half had no shape. I really do not know were we go from here
ive very been very upbeat but that was dreadful and very worrying. The shape of the team in the second half had no shape. I really do not know were we go from here francowatford
  • Score: 3

10:55am Fri 31 Jan 14

Poppet Bear says...

Not got any better since Zola left, has it ? In fact............. !!!
Not got any better since Zola left, has it ? In fact............. !!! Poppet Bear
  • Score: 8

11:03am Fri 31 Jan 14

watford1881 says...

Fernando gets subbed.. =We collapse.. Happens all the time.. FF is the only player who runs at defences and puts them on the back foot..
Fernando gets subbed.. =We collapse.. Happens all the time.. FF is the only player who runs at defences and puts them on the back foot.. watford1881
  • Score: 7

11:08am Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

Essex Hornet wrote:
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more.
I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point.
The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch.
I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker.
Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
Agree with a lot of the above....Faroani get rid no good in the championship runs around like a headless chicken its not his fault but he needs to go back to Italy and dive around with the best of them!! Fabbrini enough time again not suited to the hussle and bussle of the championship ship him back, Cassetti OMG as good as he appeared to be last season enough he is too old get him back to his family.... Battocchio new man may like him but probably because its all he has at the moment but where was he last nigh final ball poor never shut down that man reid completley out of his depth again not hhis fault young man wh cannot do it on his own!. Murray one of our own(fed up with hearing that) what was that last 20 mins about could not take a corner or free kick complete lack of confidence and no general on the pitch to motivate him Abdibless him season over go and either get fixed or give up.....finally our defence creat scoring Angella but what about your defending...Ekstrand when will you ever learn you cannot tackle from behind and you need to find one of our own when clearing from the back,,,,,,,,,if I can see what the problems are come on everyone else and get it sorted....still think we need a striker who can hold up the ball and score when given the chance(deeney you know who you are but do you know you are a striker!!!!! Brighton must be looking forward to a day away from the seaside.....
[quote][p][bold]Essex Hornet[/bold] wrote: We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH[/p][/quote]Agree with a lot of the above....Faroani get rid no good in the championship runs around like a headless chicken its not his fault but he needs to go back to Italy and dive around with the best of them!! Fabbrini enough time again not suited to the hussle and bussle of the championship ship him back, Cassetti OMG as good as he appeared to be last season enough he is too old get him back to his family.... Battocchio new man may like him but probably because its all he has at the moment but where was he last nigh final ball poor never shut down that man reid completley out of his depth again not hhis fault young man wh cannot do it on his own!. Murray one of our own(fed up with hearing that) what was that last 20 mins about could not take a corner or free kick complete lack of confidence and no general on the pitch to motivate him Abdibless him season over go and either get fixed or give up.....finally our defence creat scoring Angella but what about your defending...Ekstrand when will you ever learn you cannot tackle from behind and you need to find one of our own when clearing from the back,,,,,,,,,if I can see what the problems are come on everyone else and get it sorted....still think we need a striker who can hold up the ball and score when given the chance(deeney you know who you are but do you know you are a striker!!!!! Brighton must be looking forward to a day away from the seaside..... hornetwise
  • Score: 6

11:09am Fri 31 Jan 14

Forest Red Dog says...

I thaught you lot looked quite dangerous in the final 3rd and always looked like mustering a goal everytime you went forward. Wasnt sure you did that much wrong tbh we just came out 2nd half and hit the form weve been showing since christmas,no teams got a chance against us in this league when we hit that form and Billy made all the right subs at the right time. I cant believe you lot aint won in 15 games isit? you look decent.
Ah and that tubby little git Reid must be one of the best players in this division, hes got better with age and i would be worried one bit if we went up and he was in our starting 11. Cant believe your at the wrong end after last season. Good luck.
I thaught you lot looked quite dangerous in the final 3rd and always looked like mustering a goal everytime you went forward. Wasnt sure you did that much wrong tbh we just came out 2nd half and hit the form weve been showing since christmas,no teams got a chance against us in this league when we hit that form and Billy made all the right subs at the right time. I cant believe you lot aint won in 15 games isit? you look decent. Ah and that tubby little git Reid must be one of the best players in this division, hes got better with age and i would be worried one bit if we went up and he was in our starting 11. Cant believe your at the wrong end after last season. Good luck. Forest Red Dog
  • Score: 20

11:09am Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

watford1881 wrote:
Fernando gets subbed.. =We collapse.. Happens all the time.. FF is the only player who runs at defences and puts them on the back foot..
But he does not know when to pass and his final ball in the first half was awful!!!
[quote][p][bold]watford1881[/bold] wrote: Fernando gets subbed.. =We collapse.. Happens all the time.. FF is the only player who runs at defences and puts them on the back foot..[/p][/quote]But he does not know when to pass and his final ball in the first half was awful!!! hornetwise
  • Score: 3

11:41am Fri 31 Jan 14

rousman 2 says...

That knob Davies even gave us a chance by picking the wrong team 2 nil up & we still lose. Still good new's Sannino has been to Sketchly this morning & his coat is going to be ok.
That knob Davies even gave us a chance by picking the wrong team 2 nil up & we still lose. Still good new's Sannino has been to Sketchly this morning & his coat is going to be ok. rousman 2
  • Score: -2

11:44am Fri 31 Jan 14

Feff says...

Sannino is not a quick learner. He made exactly the same mistakes at Forest as he did at City, deciding 2-0 up was enough instead of going for 3. Taking Fessi off was plainly stupid because it allowed the other side to take the initiative and keep the ball constatly in our half. Almunia had a poor game and could be blamed for two of the goals. Also, why does he have to punch instead of catch. I'd persevere with Bond, irrespective of his howlers at City. Faraoni's and Fabbrini's style of play does not suit the Championship; Cassetti is too old. We are in trouble, folks. Zola did the right thing in resigning. I am not impressed by his replacement. - in fact, I am depressed!
Sannino is not a quick learner. He made exactly the same mistakes at Forest as he did at City, deciding 2-0 up was enough instead of going for 3. Taking Fessi off was plainly stupid because it allowed the other side to take the initiative and keep the ball constatly in our half. Almunia had a poor game and could be blamed for two of the goals. Also, why does he have to punch instead of catch. I'd persevere with Bond, irrespective of his howlers at City. Faraoni's and Fabbrini's style of play does not suit the Championship; Cassetti is too old. We are in trouble, folks. Zola did the right thing in resigning. I am not impressed by his replacement. - in fact, I am depressed! Feff
  • Score: 8

11:47am Fri 31 Jan 14

mullenswfc says...

Essex Hornet wrote:
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more.
I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point.
The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch.
I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker.
Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
Fabbrini was on the pitch for 10 minutes, ridiculous to criticise someone who played that little. Think Angella was the only player to head a ball last night so that comment 'he won nothing in the air' is pathetic.
Thorne brought nothing to the team which is why he was allowed to go back. Although playing Murray in the middle should be a last resort.
Our passing was dreadful last night which was the main reason for our surrender, like it has been for large spells this season.
[quote][p][bold]Essex Hornet[/bold] wrote: We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH[/p][/quote]Fabbrini was on the pitch for 10 minutes, ridiculous to criticise someone who played that little. Think Angella was the only player to head a ball last night so that comment 'he won nothing in the air' is pathetic. Thorne brought nothing to the team which is why he was allowed to go back. Although playing Murray in the middle should be a last resort. Our passing was dreadful last night which was the main reason for our surrender, like it has been for large spells this season. mullenswfc
  • Score: 3

11:56am Fri 31 Jan 14

Jon_mk says...

Feff wrote:
Sannino is not a quick learner. He made exactly the same mistakes at Forest as he did at City, deciding 2-0 up was enough instead of going for 3. Taking Fessi off was plainly stupid because it allowed the other side to take the initiative and keep the ball constatly in our half. Almunia had a poor game and could be blamed for two of the goals. Also, why does he have to punch instead of catch. I'd persevere with Bond, irrespective of his howlers at City. Faraoni's and Fabbrini's style of play does not suit the Championship; Cassetti is too old. We are in trouble, folks. Zola did the right thing in resigning. I am not impressed by his replacement. - in fact, I am depressed!
What goals are you blaming Almunia for? Speaking as a former goalkeeper I don't think there was much he could have done, the defence let him down badly. He was certainly less culpable than Bond for the last two at City. I think Bond's time will come next season but for this one I would stick with Almunia.

I wouldn't have him as captain though, I don't get that one at all!
[quote][p][bold]Feff[/bold] wrote: Sannino is not a quick learner. He made exactly the same mistakes at Forest as he did at City, deciding 2-0 up was enough instead of going for 3. Taking Fessi off was plainly stupid because it allowed the other side to take the initiative and keep the ball constatly in our half. Almunia had a poor game and could be blamed for two of the goals. Also, why does he have to punch instead of catch. I'd persevere with Bond, irrespective of his howlers at City. Faraoni's and Fabbrini's style of play does not suit the Championship; Cassetti is too old. We are in trouble, folks. Zola did the right thing in resigning. I am not impressed by his replacement. - in fact, I am depressed![/p][/quote]What goals are you blaming Almunia for? Speaking as a former goalkeeper I don't think there was much he could have done, the defence let him down badly. He was certainly less culpable than Bond for the last two at City. I think Bond's time will come next season but for this one I would stick with Almunia. I wouldn't have him as captain though, I don't get that one at all! Jon_mk
  • Score: -1

12:00pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Harry's Bar says...

hornetwise wrote:
watford1881 wrote:
Fernando gets subbed.. =We collapse.. Happens all the time.. FF is the only player who runs at defences and puts them on the back foot..
But he does not know when to pass and his final ball in the first half was awful!!!
Very strange performance from Fernando. What was he doing when he moved in side, stopped, moved the ball onto his right foot and side footed the ball to a defender. He just seemed to have a complete meltdown.
[quote][p][bold]hornetwise[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]watford1881[/bold] wrote: Fernando gets subbed.. =We collapse.. Happens all the time.. FF is the only player who runs at defences and puts them on the back foot..[/p][/quote]But he does not know when to pass and his final ball in the first half was awful!!![/p][/quote]Very strange performance from Fernando. What was he doing when he moved in side, stopped, moved the ball onto his right foot and side footed the ball to a defender. He just seemed to have a complete meltdown. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 5

12:04pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornankey says...

I am a lifelong supporter. Last night was a gutless humiliation. We deserve better than that. I remind myself that this is just season two of a new era. Unfortunately it seems that either the Pozzos are slow learners or their ambition for the club is very different from mine - we will find out which over the coming weeks.
I am a lifelong supporter. Last night was a gutless humiliation. We deserve better than that. I remind myself that this is just season two of a new era. Unfortunately it seems that either the Pozzos are slow learners or their ambition for the club is very different from mine - we will find out which over the coming weeks. Hornankey
  • Score: 2

12:07pm Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

Jon_mk wrote:
Feff wrote:
Sannino is not a quick learner. He made exactly the same mistakes at Forest as he did at City, deciding 2-0 up was enough instead of going for 3. Taking Fessi off was plainly stupid because it allowed the other side to take the initiative and keep the ball constatly in our half. Almunia had a poor game and could be blamed for two of the goals. Also, why does he have to punch instead of catch. I'd persevere with Bond, irrespective of his howlers at City. Faraoni's and Fabbrini's style of play does not suit the Championship; Cassetti is too old. We are in trouble, folks. Zola did the right thing in resigning. I am not impressed by his replacement. - in fact, I am depressed!
What goals are you blaming Almunia for? Speaking as a former goalkeeper I don't think there was much he could have done, the defence let him down badly. He was certainly less culpable than Bond for the last two at City. I think Bond's time will come next season but for this one I would stick with Almunia.

I wouldn't have him as captain though, I don't get that one at all!
From where I sit at the Vic at the beginning of the season you could hear Almunia encouraging his team with confidence and clear instruction......not anymore, Thanks Almunia you have done us proud but like Zola your time is up and its time for Bond to take the jersey and make it his. Take Cassetti with you all three will always be part of Watfords history but we have to move on............
[quote][p][bold]Jon_mk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Feff[/bold] wrote: Sannino is not a quick learner. He made exactly the same mistakes at Forest as he did at City, deciding 2-0 up was enough instead of going for 3. Taking Fessi off was plainly stupid because it allowed the other side to take the initiative and keep the ball constatly in our half. Almunia had a poor game and could be blamed for two of the goals. Also, why does he have to punch instead of catch. I'd persevere with Bond, irrespective of his howlers at City. Faraoni's and Fabbrini's style of play does not suit the Championship; Cassetti is too old. We are in trouble, folks. Zola did the right thing in resigning. I am not impressed by his replacement. - in fact, I am depressed![/p][/quote]What goals are you blaming Almunia for? Speaking as a former goalkeeper I don't think there was much he could have done, the defence let him down badly. He was certainly less culpable than Bond for the last two at City. I think Bond's time will come next season but for this one I would stick with Almunia. I wouldn't have him as captain though, I don't get that one at all![/p][/quote]From where I sit at the Vic at the beginning of the season you could hear Almunia encouraging his team with confidence and clear instruction......not anymore, Thanks Almunia you have done us proud but like Zola your time is up and its time for Bond to take the jersey and make it his. Take Cassetti with you all three will always be part of Watfords history but we have to move on............ hornetwise
  • Score: 1

12:10pm Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

mullenswfc wrote:
Essex Hornet wrote:
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more.
I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point.
The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch.
I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker.
Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
Fabbrini was on the pitch for 10 minutes, ridiculous to criticise someone who played that little. Think Angella was the only player to head a ball last night so that comment 'he won nothing in the air' is pathetic.
Thorne brought nothing to the team which is why he was allowed to go back. Although playing Murray in the middle should be a last resort.
Our passing was dreadful last night which was the main reason for our surrender, like it has been for large spells this season.
Fabbrini has had enough playing time whether it is 10 or 45 minutes...he is not what we need and does not suit the championship style of football- if we were in the PL I think he would be better suited........
[quote][p][bold]mullenswfc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Essex Hornet[/bold] wrote: We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH[/p][/quote]Fabbrini was on the pitch for 10 minutes, ridiculous to criticise someone who played that little. Think Angella was the only player to head a ball last night so that comment 'he won nothing in the air' is pathetic. Thorne brought nothing to the team which is why he was allowed to go back. Although playing Murray in the middle should be a last resort. Our passing was dreadful last night which was the main reason for our surrender, like it has been for large spells this season.[/p][/quote]Fabbrini has had enough playing time whether it is 10 or 45 minutes...he is not what we need and does not suit the championship style of football- if we were in the PL I think he would be better suited........ hornetwise
  • Score: 1

12:13pm Fri 31 Jan 14

melloyellow says...

Poppet Bear wrote:
Not got any better since Zola left, has it ? In fact............. !!!
got worse
[quote][p][bold]Poppet Bear[/bold] wrote: Not got any better since Zola left, has it ? In fact............. !!![/p][/quote]got worse melloyellow
  • Score: 2

12:23pm Fri 31 Jan 14

francowatford says...

Diago Fabrrinni is very talented and he draws a lot of fouls and is a player we should keep. If we had him against us i bet you he would rip us apart and cause all sorts of problems to LD and the Poodle
Diago Fabrrinni is very talented and he draws a lot of fouls and is a player we should keep. If we had him against us i bet you he would rip us apart and cause all sorts of problems to LD and the Poodle francowatford
  • Score: 6

12:31pm Fri 31 Jan 14

endean2 says...

Essex Hornet wrote:
We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more.
I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point.
The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch.
I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker.
Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH
100% spot on in all your comments there

have you got a fan club?
the only positive was the fact that at least we ended that awful sequence
of drawn games away.
Give us a new captain as well
[quote][p][bold]Essex Hornet[/bold] wrote: We need to face up to the fact that Forest gave us a footballing lesson in the second half with Reid pulling all the strings and three subs coming on who all made an impact and all scored. Whilst It was great to be two up let's be honest the score flattered us and when they pegged it back to 2-1 it was one way traffic and only a matter of time before they got more. I hope that Beppe can turn it round but he and his coaching staff really need to learn from what happened last night. His substitutions never cease to amaze me. He needs to face up to the fact that while Cassetti has skill he hasn't got the pace anymore for Championship football and we should let him go. Taking Fezzi off made a big difference as we lost an outlet that has pace and can hold the ball up. Once again Fabbrini failed to impress winning nothing in the air and with no end product. As for Faroaoni he might aswell leave Watford and join the cast of "Splash". He spent more time diving and sliding around than he did on his feet. Murray and Battocchio went walkabout in the second half and virtually dissapeared. I think Sean is a great talent but the two of them together are to lightweight. Fitz should have played from the start or certainly come on when it got to 2-2 to try and save a point. The only really bright spot was seeing Anya returning to form after a bit of a lean spell. Funniest moment was watching Beppe falling over and whipping off his coat in virtually the same movement. We need a bit of that magic on the pitch. I agree with all the comments about us needing a strong spine in the team, some more Bristish players and a leader in the Eustace mold. Sadly can't see any of that happening before the transfer window closes tonight. Finally could someone from the club explain why we let George Thorne go back to West Brom? I thought he was doing pretty well and to see him now at Derby is a bit of a choker. Last night was the wake up call because if we carry on playing like this we are going to be in big trouble come May. Still time to turn in round. Hopefully !!! COYH[/p][/quote]100% spot on in all your comments there have you got a fan club? the only positive was the fact that at least we ended that awful sequence of drawn games away. Give us a new captain as well endean2
  • Score: -2

12:32pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

Wimbledonhorn wrote:
Sorry but that was absolutely pathetic last night. There is no spine to the team. When are the management at the club going to learn that IT'S NOT WORKING WITH 3 AT THE BACK. We have only won 1 game in the last 15/16 in the league against a team with 10 men. This could very easily lead to relegation. Remember Wolves were pre season favourites to go up last season and look what happened to them.

The pozzos need an urgent review of their transfer policy and coaching staff. There needs to be a strong 'British' spine to the team, similar to last season. Just look at the successful championship teams over the past few seasons. Strong, solid, no fragility.

I think we need an experienced coach at championship level. Wait a minute didn't we sack one 18 months ago......
Totally agree with everything you say! Sean Dyche should never have been replaced!
[quote][p][bold]Wimbledonhorn[/bold] wrote: Sorry but that was absolutely pathetic last night. There is no spine to the team. When are the management at the club going to learn that IT'S NOT WORKING WITH 3 AT THE BACK. We have only won 1 game in the last 15/16 in the league against a team with 10 men. This could very easily lead to relegation. Remember Wolves were pre season favourites to go up last season and look what happened to them. The pozzos need an urgent review of their transfer policy and coaching staff. There needs to be a strong 'British' spine to the team, similar to last season. Just look at the successful championship teams over the past few seasons. Strong, solid, no fragility. I think we need an experienced coach at championship level. Wait a minute didn't we sack one 18 months ago......[/p][/quote]Totally agree with everything you say! Sean Dyche should never have been replaced! Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: -4

12:34pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornankey says...

francowatford wrote:
Diago Fabrrinni is very talented and he draws a lot of fouls and is a player we should keep. If we had him against us i bet you he would rip us apart and cause all sorts of problems to LD and the Poodle
A team of 5-year olds could rip us apart at the moment. LD is well past his sell-by date. You cannot fault Pudil for effort - at least his heart is in the right place.
[quote][p][bold]francowatford[/bold] wrote: Diago Fabrrinni is very talented and he draws a lot of fouls and is a player we should keep. If we had him against us i bet you he would rip us apart and cause all sorts of problems to LD and the Poodle[/p][/quote]A team of 5-year olds could rip us apart at the moment. LD is well past his sell-by date. You cannot fault Pudil for effort - at least his heart is in the right place. Hornankey
  • Score: 1

12:52pm Fri 31 Jan 14

rousman 2 says...

Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.
Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change. rousman 2
  • Score: -4

12:57pm Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

francowatford wrote:
Diago Fabrrinni is very talented and he draws a lot of fouls and is a player we should keep. If we had him against us i bet you he would rip us apart and cause all sorts of problems to LD and the Poodle
Not hard to cause LD problems especially after last nights fourth goal assist!!!
[quote][p][bold]francowatford[/bold] wrote: Diago Fabrrinni is very talented and he draws a lot of fouls and is a player we should keep. If we had him against us i bet you he would rip us apart and cause all sorts of problems to LD and the Poodle[/p][/quote]Not hard to cause LD problems especially after last nights fourth goal assist!!! hornetwise
  • Score: 0

12:59pm Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

rousman 2 wrote:
Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.
You can say what you like about previous managers... they are not coming back its the present we have to deal with not the past!!!!.
[quote][p][bold]rousman 2[/bold] wrote: Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.[/p][/quote]You can say what you like about previous managers... they are not coming back its the present we have to deal with not the past!!!!. hornetwise
  • Score: 2

1:06pm Fri 31 Jan 14

hornetwise says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Wimbledonhorn wrote:
Sorry but that was absolutely pathetic last night. There is no spine to the team. When are the management at the club going to learn that IT'S NOT WORKING WITH 3 AT THE BACK. We have only won 1 game in the last 15/16 in the league against a team with 10 men. This could very easily lead to relegation. Remember Wolves were pre season favourites to go up last season and look what happened to them.

The pozzos need an urgent review of their transfer policy and coaching staff. There needs to be a strong 'British' spine to the team, similar to last season. Just look at the successful championship teams over the past few seasons. Strong, solid, no fragility.

I think we need an experienced coach at championship level. Wait a minute didn't we sack one 18 months ago......
Totally agree with everything you say! Sean Dyche should never have been replaced!
There just needs to be a strong spine it makes no difference whether they are british or not good players are not just english look at Man City,Arsenal,Chelsea
, Man Utd shall I go on..Football is played the same way wherever you are from we just make it sound more complicated than it is. Get back to grass roots and passionate players who want to play for their club and the manager not sure we have that at the moment. supporters stick with their clubs through good and bad times footballers sulk if its not going their way instead of rolling up their sleeves and getting on with it!!!! Football owners play around and want sucess yesterday with a profit on top,
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wimbledonhorn[/bold] wrote: Sorry but that was absolutely pathetic last night. There is no spine to the team. When are the management at the club going to learn that IT'S NOT WORKING WITH 3 AT THE BACK. We have only won 1 game in the last 15/16 in the league against a team with 10 men. This could very easily lead to relegation. Remember Wolves were pre season favourites to go up last season and look what happened to them. The pozzos need an urgent review of their transfer policy and coaching staff. There needs to be a strong 'British' spine to the team, similar to last season. Just look at the successful championship teams over the past few seasons. Strong, solid, no fragility. I think we need an experienced coach at championship level. Wait a minute didn't we sack one 18 months ago......[/p][/quote]Totally agree with everything you say! Sean Dyche should never have been replaced![/p][/quote]There just needs to be a strong spine it makes no difference whether they are british or not good players are not just english look at Man City,Arsenal,Chelsea , Man Utd shall I go on..Football is played the same way wherever you are from we just make it sound more complicated than it is. Get back to grass roots and passionate players who want to play for their club and the manager not sure we have that at the moment. supporters stick with their clubs through good and bad times footballers sulk if its not going their way instead of rolling up their sleeves and getting on with it!!!! Football owners play around and want sucess yesterday with a profit on top, hornetwise
  • Score: 0

1:08pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Wimbledonhorn says...

hornetwise wrote:
rousman 2 wrote:
Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.
You can say what you like about previous managers... they are not coming back its the present we have to deal with not the past!!!!.
I wander what the odds are of Malky returning in the summer - assuming of course we're not in League 1.
[quote][p][bold]hornetwise[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rousman 2[/bold] wrote: Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.[/p][/quote]You can say what you like about previous managers... they are not coming back its the present we have to deal with not the past!!!!.[/p][/quote]I wander what the odds are of Malky returning in the summer - assuming of course we're not in League 1. Wimbledonhorn
  • Score: -3

1:16pm Fri 31 Jan 14

stevyweavy says...

I really wish we had let Battochio go out on loan. He is too lightweight to make any significant tackles in midfield and more than half of his passes failed to reach their target. Yes he runs around a lot but just not doing the job we need in midfield. Can't understand why we did not play Merkel - at least he likes to get stuck in a bit. Only positive of the day was that we were causing more problems at set pieces than we have done in the past - shame we can not seem to control our own box. Whilst we still persist in making basic errors in defence would it not be better to just go all out attack for 90 minutes. Even if we end up losing at least it would give the fans excitement for the whole 90 minutes rather than play for an hour and then defend poorly for 30 minutes. People only end up remembering the bad stuff when we do this. Historically we have never been able to defend a lead so what is the harm in deciding to try and extend the lead instead. The less time the ball is in our half the more chance we have of getting something out of the game.
I really wish we had let Battochio go out on loan. He is too lightweight to make any significant tackles in midfield and more than half of his passes failed to reach their target. Yes he runs around a lot but just not doing the job we need in midfield. Can't understand why we did not play Merkel - at least he likes to get stuck in a bit. Only positive of the day was that we were causing more problems at set pieces than we have done in the past - shame we can not seem to control our own box. Whilst we still persist in making basic errors in defence would it not be better to just go all out attack for 90 minutes. Even if we end up losing at least it would give the fans excitement for the whole 90 minutes rather than play for an hour and then defend poorly for 30 minutes. People only end up remembering the bad stuff when we do this. Historically we have never been able to defend a lead so what is the harm in deciding to try and extend the lead instead. The less time the ball is in our half the more chance we have of getting something out of the game. stevyweavy
  • Score: 0

1:34pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Oxhey Kev says...

I just feel sorry for the 500 odd fans who made the journey. At least I could turn off the telly and go to bed !
I just feel sorry for the 500 odd fans who made the journey. At least I could turn off the telly and go to bed ! Oxhey Kev
  • Score: 3

1:40pm Fri 31 Jan 14

SimmyB says...

Yesterday's game was undefendable in my opinion - no pun intended. We need a striker end off. Do they not understand the word striker?? Iriney is about to go as is Fabbs apparently according to Twitter (no great loss IMO although Iriney was getting there). We knew Forest was going to be a hard game but being 2-0 up....sounding all too familiar. I love this club with a passion and its frustrating that we can't or don't seem to be doing anything about our performance. Sunday will be interesting. Guess the crowd anyone??
Yesterday's game was undefendable in my opinion - no pun intended. We need a striker end off. Do they not understand the word striker?? Iriney is about to go as is Fabbs apparently according to Twitter (no great loss IMO although Iriney was getting there). We knew Forest was going to be a hard game but being 2-0 up....sounding all too familiar. I love this club with a passion and its frustrating that we can't or don't seem to be doing anything about our performance. Sunday will be interesting. Guess the crowd anyone?? SimmyB
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornet Cornet says...

Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season? Hornet Cornet
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Fri 31 Jan 14

KeithMercer says...

Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
i had a £100 on for us to win it ! have tried to lay it off but Paddy Power dont seem to want to know ;-). Still could win it though , with a bit of luck !!(not)
[quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]i had a £100 on for us to win it ! have tried to lay it off but Paddy Power dont seem to want to know ;-). Still could win it though , with a bit of luck !!(not) KeithMercer
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Harry's Bar says...

Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout!
[quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout! Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

3:31pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornet Cornet says...

Harry's Bar wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout!
Was it you mate? I was likewise hugely tempted to put that bet on. Thankfully I didn't. Still it ain't over til the fat lady sings...
[quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout![/p][/quote]Was it you mate? I was likewise hugely tempted to put that bet on. Thankfully I didn't. Still it ain't over til the fat lady sings... Hornet Cornet
  • Score: 0

3:31pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornet Cornet says...

Harry's Bar wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout!
Was it you mate? I was likewise hugely tempted to put that bet on. Thankfully I didn't. Still it ain't over til the fat lady sings...
[quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout![/p][/quote]Was it you mate? I was likewise hugely tempted to put that bet on. Thankfully I didn't. Still it ain't over til the fat lady sings... Hornet Cornet
  • Score: 0

3:53pm Fri 31 Jan 14

SAHornet says...

Wimbledonhorn wrote:
hornetwise wrote:
rousman 2 wrote:
Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.
You can say what you like about previous managers... they are not coming back its the present we have to deal with not the past!!!!.
I wander what the odds are of Malky returning in the summer - assuming of course we're not in League 1.
The Pozzo's will never employ a british manager or sign an abundance of british players. It's just not their style.
[quote][p][bold]Wimbledonhorn[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hornetwise[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rousman 2[/bold] wrote: Dyche was (and still is) a decent manager at Championship level. But when I said this at the time of his sacking I got slated on this site funny how times change.[/p][/quote]You can say what you like about previous managers... they are not coming back its the present we have to deal with not the past!!!!.[/p][/quote]I wander what the odds are of Malky returning in the summer - assuming of course we're not in League 1.[/p][/quote]The Pozzo's will never employ a british manager or sign an abundance of british players. It's just not their style. SAHornet
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Fri 31 Jan 14

SAHornet says...

Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?
[quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ? SAHornet
  • Score: 1

4:01pm Fri 31 Jan 14

matey_from_brighton says...

SAHornet wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?
quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.
[quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?[/p][/quote]quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league. matey_from_brighton
  • Score: 0

4:02pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hairy Hornet says...

Cassetti cost us promotion last year and if Sannino keeps playing him albeit as sub may get us relegated. His contribution? Stupid yelllow card. May as well play with 10 men.

Sannino making the same mistake as Zola, we cant defend, not good enough, with the exception of Angella.
Cassetti cost us promotion last year and if Sannino keeps playing him albeit as sub may get us relegated. His contribution? Stupid yelllow card. May as well play with 10 men. Sannino making the same mistake as Zola, we cant defend, not good enough, with the exception of Angella. Hairy Hornet
  • Score: 4

5:03pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Hornet Cornet says...

matey_from_brighton wrote:
SAHornet wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?
quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.
I just want this season for us to be over, for us to stay up and for us to have a meaningful summer of rebuilding.
[quote][p][bold]matey_from_brighton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?[/p][/quote]quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.[/p][/quote]I just want this season for us to be over, for us to stay up and for us to have a meaningful summer of rebuilding. Hornet Cornet
  • Score: 3

5:28pm Fri 31 Jan 14

stevyweavy says...

Hornet Cornet wrote:
Harry's Bar wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout!
Was it you mate? I was likewise hugely tempted to put that bet on. Thankfully I didn't. Still it ain't over til the fat lady sings...
Well I had been trying to get odds for us scoring 100 goals and getting 100 points as I was that that confident following pre-season but thankfully the bookmaker came back with the odds just after I went on holiday in September and by the time I came back the slide had started - so I count myself as one of the lucky ones. (Did win £500 on us last season).

But we have signed two defensive midfielders so obviously job done - everything will be hunky dory from now on!?!?!?!
[quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]I do remember it was £800...eight hundred pounds up the bloody spout![/p][/quote]Was it you mate? I was likewise hugely tempted to put that bet on. Thankfully I didn't. Still it ain't over til the fat lady sings...[/p][/quote]Well I had been trying to get odds for us scoring 100 goals and getting 100 points as I was that that confident following pre-season but thankfully the bookmaker came back with the odds just after I went on holiday in September and by the time I came back the slide had started - so I count myself as one of the lucky ones. (Did win £500 on us last season). But we have signed two defensive midfielders so obviously job done - everything will be hunky dory from now on!?!?!?! stevyweavy
  • Score: 1

5:37pm Fri 31 Jan 14

femalehornet122 says...

Very sad to see such bad play after the man city experience. WE did not show any grit and guts last night. After the break going defensive on a 2-0 up is a bad move. best defence is attack. Zola had more of an idea of what was needed and I don't think our position is good. In fact we need to urgently get some points. Whist those in the relegation area are winning we are not.
Sanninni has talked the talk about wearing the shirt and playing for the fans, it is abput time the players started to do this. Forget the past and get on with it.
Very sad to see such bad play after the man city experience. WE did not show any grit and guts last night. After the break going defensive on a 2-0 up is a bad move. best defence is attack. Zola had more of an idea of what was needed and I don't think our position is good. In fact we need to urgently get some points. Whist those in the relegation area are winning we are not. Sanninni has talked the talk about wearing the shirt and playing for the fans, it is abput time the players started to do this. Forget the past and get on with it. femalehornet122
  • Score: 2

6:11pm Fri 31 Jan 14

allgood says...

matey_from_brighton wrote:
SAHornet wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?
quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.
Someone told me today we are 50-1 for relegation. Get on now and you might get your money back and have consolation if it happens. Wolves had the same points as us at this stage last season and we are in terrible form so who knows? Just hope the new faces have got more fight in them than the current lot.
[quote][p][bold]matey_from_brighton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?[/p][/quote]quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.[/p][/quote]Someone told me today we are 50-1 for relegation. Get on now and you might get your money back and have consolation if it happens. Wolves had the same points as us at this stage last season and we are in terrible form so who knows? Just hope the new faces have got more fight in them than the current lot. allgood
  • Score: 0

7:37pm Fri 31 Jan 14

MJ1 says...

allgood wrote:
matey_from_brighton wrote:
SAHornet wrote:
Hornet Cornet wrote:
Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?
R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?
quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.
Someone told me today we are 50-1 for relegation. Get on now and you might get your money back and have consolation if it happens. Wolves had the same points as us at this stage last season and we are in terrible form so who knows? Just hope the new faces have got more fight in them than the current lot.
The hard stats are as follows. In the last 15 league games we have won 10 points out of a possible 45. That's relegation form. To avoid releagation we need 50 points. We currently have 31 points. there are 20 games left. So we will need to improve our current form to avoid relegation. we need to aveage 1 point a game which we haven't been doing. Otherwise its down with the Pozzo's.
[quote][p][bold]allgood[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]matey_from_brighton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornet Cornet[/bold] wrote: Which one of us contributors put a significant amount of money on us being in the top 6 at the end of this season?[/p][/quote]R500 on us to win it and another R500 that Fabbrini ends up as league's top-scorer. How f***ing daft am I ?[/p][/quote]quite daft. Without knowing the exchange rates dont know if you are dafter than me with my £100 on us to win league.[/p][/quote]Someone told me today we are 50-1 for relegation. Get on now and you might get your money back and have consolation if it happens. Wolves had the same points as us at this stage last season and we are in terrible form so who knows? Just hope the new faces have got more fight in them than the current lot.[/p][/quote]The hard stats are as follows. In the last 15 league games we have won 10 points out of a possible 45. That's relegation form. To avoid releagation we need 50 points. We currently have 31 points. there are 20 games left. So we will need to improve our current form to avoid relegation. we need to aveage 1 point a game which we haven't been doing. Otherwise its down with the Pozzo's. MJ1
  • Score: 0

10:55am Sat 1 Feb 14

inexile says...

JohnnyBarnes wrote:
He's right, it's not the fault of the subs themselves... but it is the fault, in my opinion, of changing the system at two goals up - which is what went wrong at City

I think that the 3-4-2-1 suits us brilliantly. The '2' of Anya and Fessi is full of pace and skill, and with Deeney up front as well, it keeps the opposition pegged back a bit because they know that if they bomb forward we'll have them on the counter

... but then we move into 'protect the lead' mode - which would be better described as 'invite pressure' mode - take Fessi off, bring Cassetti on, there's no outlet anymore and City/Forest/whoever else can just attack at will without any fear of conceding.

PLEASE keep the 2+1 up front, even if we go a couple of goals up. It clearly works, and if it ain't broke...

I do have faith in Sannino though - I still think we'll come good.
I think you're spot on.

The only thing I'd add is that the switch from Plan A to "protect the lead/invite pressure" mode is not entirely a deliberate one. I think the players are adapting to pressing the opposition more urgently, and finding the greater intensity challenging physically and mentally.

I agree leaving a mobile outlet on up front is really important (bring back Vydra!) but once any of Anya/Deeney/Fessi are knackered are options are limited. Glad Fabbrini has departed, maybe the Korean striker or Ranegie will offer something more.

Sannino is on the right tracks, the club have signed players in the right positions in the window, let's give him a chance.
[quote][p][bold]JohnnyBarnes[/bold] wrote: He's right, it's not the fault of the subs themselves... but it is the fault, in my opinion, of changing the system at two goals up - which is what went wrong at City I think that the 3-4-2-1 suits us brilliantly. The '2' of Anya and Fessi is full of pace and skill, and with Deeney up front as well, it keeps the opposition pegged back a bit because they know that if they bomb forward we'll have them on the counter ... but then we move into 'protect the lead' mode - which would be better described as 'invite pressure' mode - take Fessi off, bring Cassetti on, there's no outlet anymore and City/Forest/whoever else can just attack at will without any fear of conceding. PLEASE keep the 2+1 up front, even if we go a couple of goals up. It clearly works, and if it ain't broke... I do have faith in Sannino though - I still think we'll come good.[/p][/quote]I think you're spot on. The only thing I'd add is that the switch from Plan A to "protect the lead/invite pressure" mode is not entirely a deliberate one. I think the players are adapting to pressing the opposition more urgently, and finding the greater intensity challenging physically and mentally. I agree leaving a mobile outlet on up front is really important (bring back Vydra!) but once any of Anya/Deeney/Fessi are knackered are options are limited. Glad Fabbrini has departed, maybe the Korean striker or Ranegie will offer something more. Sannino is on the right tracks, the club have signed players in the right positions in the window, let's give him a chance. inexile
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree