Watford re-sign Arsenal youngster Hector Bellerin on loan

Hector Bellerin has impressed for Watford during the last month. Picture: Holly Cant

Hector Bellerin has impressed for Watford during the last month. Picture: Holly Cant

First published in Latest Sport

Watford have secured the services of Arsenal youngster Hector Bellerin until the end of the season.

However, the talented youngster is not eligible for tomorrow’s FA Cup third round tie at Bristol City.

The 18-year-old made five starts and one substitute appearance for Watford during his initial one-month loan spell, which expired yesterday.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:35pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Mickey Quinn, not so thin says...

excellent news, hope it doesn't mean that the Anya rumours are true though !
excellent news, hope it doesn't mean that the Anya rumours are true though ! Mickey Quinn, not so thin
  • Score: -3

3:35pm Fri 3 Jan 14

AngelHornet says...

Great talent and will get better as the season progresses
Great talent and will get better as the season progresses AngelHornet
  • Score: 27

3:41pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Nick El Greco says...

brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well
brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well Nick El Greco
  • Score: 25

3:54pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Harry's Bar says...

Nick El Greco wrote:
brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well
Won't Merkel play in Thorne's position?
[quote][p][bold]Nick El Greco[/bold] wrote: brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well[/p][/quote]Won't Merkel play in Thorne's position? Harry's Bar
  • Score: -16

4:02pm Fri 3 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

Harry's Bar wrote:
Nick El Greco wrote:
brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well
Won't Merkel play in Thorne's position?
Nope - Merkel id attacking play maker ala Abdi........Thorne wants to come back but issues with deal at present
[quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nick El Greco[/bold] wrote: brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well[/p][/quote]Won't Merkel play in Thorne's position?[/p][/quote]Nope - Merkel id attacking play maker ala Abdi........Thorne wants to come back but issues with deal at present jasonwatford
  • Score: 11

4:15pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Harry's Bar says...

jasonwatford wrote:
Harry's Bar wrote:
Nick El Greco wrote:
brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well
Won't Merkel play in Thorne's position?
Nope - Merkel id attacking play maker ala Abdi........Thorne wants to come back but issues with deal at present
West Brom not having a Manager probably doesn't help.
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nick El Greco[/bold] wrote: brilliant. could do with Thorne back as well[/p][/quote]Won't Merkel play in Thorne's position?[/p][/quote]Nope - Merkel id attacking play maker ala Abdi........Thorne wants to come back but issues with deal at present[/p][/quote]West Brom not having a Manager probably doesn't help. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 8

4:22pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Bobbyhowfield says...

perhaps we can do a straight swap for Vidra !!
perhaps we can do a straight swap for Vidra !! Bobbyhowfield
  • Score: -7

4:26pm Fri 3 Jan 14

stevemag says...

why is Hector not eligible for FA Cup duties?
why is Hector not eligible for FA Cup duties? stevemag
  • Score: 0

4:33pm Fri 3 Jan 14

grahamtaylorismydad says...

stevemag wrote:
why is Hector not eligible for FA Cup duties?
Should imagine Arsenal will have some sort of recall clause in the loan deal, and wouldn't want him cup tied for possible later round
[quote][p][bold]stevemag[/bold] wrote: why is Hector not eligible for FA Cup duties?[/p][/quote]Should imagine Arsenal will have some sort of recall clause in the loan deal, and wouldn't want him cup tied for possible later round grahamtaylorismydad
  • Score: 4

4:39pm Fri 3 Jan 14

mickallen57 says...

Great news he is a talented young man ,and a great asset to the squad . Not sure about all these scare stories about players being sold like Anya . We are not a team that has to sell its best assets to survive . Those days are gone . I am sure the Pozzos' will want to keep any player who will help push the Hornets into that great cash cow The Premiership. Having said that if they are offered a great deal they will take it but not IMO at the expense
of Premiership football . COYH
Great news he is a talented young man ,and a great asset to the squad . Not sure about all these scare stories about players being sold like Anya . We are not a team that has to sell its best assets to survive . Those days are gone . I am sure the Pozzos' will want to keep any player who will help push the Hornets into that great cash cow The Premiership. Having said that if they are offered a great deal they will take it but not IMO at the expense of Premiership football . COYH mickallen57
  • Score: 13

5:02pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Mickey Quinn, not so thin says...

mickallen57 wrote:
Great news he is a talented young man ,and a great asset to the squad . Not sure about all these scare stories about players being sold like Anya . We are not a team that has to sell its best assets to survive . Those days are gone . I am sure the Pozzos' will want to keep any player who will help push the Hornets into that great cash cow The Premiership. Having said that if they are offered a great deal they will take it but not IMO at the expense
of Premiership football . COYH
If they get a great deal for any of our players they will sell. They are excellent businessmen, developing and selling on at a profit is what they do. There's no guarantee that keeping any player will result in premiership football.
[quote][p][bold]mickallen57[/bold] wrote: Great news he is a talented young man ,and a great asset to the squad . Not sure about all these scare stories about players being sold like Anya . We are not a team that has to sell its best assets to survive . Those days are gone . I am sure the Pozzos' will want to keep any player who will help push the Hornets into that great cash cow The Premiership. Having said that if they are offered a great deal they will take it but not IMO at the expense of Premiership football . COYH[/p][/quote]If they get a great deal for any of our players they will sell. They are excellent businessmen, developing and selling on at a profit is what they do. There's no guarantee that keeping any player will result in premiership football. Mickey Quinn, not so thin
  • Score: 8

5:43pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Man from Pinner says...

grahamtaylorismydad wrote:
stevemag wrote:
why is Hector not eligible for FA Cup duties?
Should imagine Arsenal will have some sort of recall clause in the loan deal, and wouldn't want him cup tied for possible later round
Or was he simply not re signed in time?
[quote][p][bold]grahamtaylorismydad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevemag[/bold] wrote: why is Hector not eligible for FA Cup duties?[/p][/quote]Should imagine Arsenal will have some sort of recall clause in the loan deal, and wouldn't want him cup tied for possible later round[/p][/quote]Or was he simply not re signed in time? Man from Pinner
  • Score: 6

7:15pm Fri 3 Jan 14

rayman01 says...

Mickey Quinn, not so thin wrote:
mickallen57 wrote:
Great news he is a talented young man ,and a great asset to the squad . Not sure about all these scare stories about players being sold like Anya . We are not a team that has to sell its best assets to survive . Those days are gone . I am sure the Pozzos' will want to keep any player who will help push the Hornets into that great cash cow The Premiership. Having said that if they are offered a great deal they will take it but not IMO at the expense
of Premiership football . COYH
If they get a great deal for any of our players they will sell. They are excellent businessmen, developing and selling on at a profit is what they do. There's no guarantee that keeping any player will result in premiership football.
Agree entirely but back to Bellerin. You can see why he is pushing hard to get in Arsenal match day squad. Despite the Horns going through a difficult patch he is the standout loanee this season. Admittedly Thorne has played better last two games, something to be expected after long-term injury, but Bellerin looks class in most games. If we could only get John Guidetti from Man City we would have one of the most potent squads. All looks very encouraging for rest of the season. With our mojo back who knows what we can do but if Sannino gets the chemistry right on the pitch it could be another exciting rideto the end of the season. Luv the Horns!
[quote][p][bold]Mickey Quinn, not so thin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mickallen57[/bold] wrote: Great news he is a talented young man ,and a great asset to the squad . Not sure about all these scare stories about players being sold like Anya . We are not a team that has to sell its best assets to survive . Those days are gone . I am sure the Pozzos' will want to keep any player who will help push the Hornets into that great cash cow The Premiership. Having said that if they are offered a great deal they will take it but not IMO at the expense of Premiership football . COYH[/p][/quote]If they get a great deal for any of our players they will sell. They are excellent businessmen, developing and selling on at a profit is what they do. There's no guarantee that keeping any player will result in premiership football.[/p][/quote]Agree entirely but back to Bellerin. You can see why he is pushing hard to get in Arsenal match day squad. Despite the Horns going through a difficult patch he is the standout loanee this season. Admittedly Thorne has played better last two games, something to be expected after long-term injury, but Bellerin looks class in most games. If we could only get John Guidetti from Man City we would have one of the most potent squads. All looks very encouraging for rest of the season. With our mojo back who knows what we can do but if Sannino gets the chemistry right on the pitch it could be another exciting rideto the end of the season. Luv the Horns! rayman01
  • Score: 7

10:53pm Fri 3 Jan 14

exeterhornet says...

Good stuff. Think this guy will get better as season goes on.
Good stuff. Think this guy will get better as season goes on. exeterhornet
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree