Watford and Laurence Bassini's wait for a decision on the Football League's misconduct charge continues
Watford were hoping to discover the outcome of their misconduct charge by the end of last week but their wait for the Football League's decision continues.
The Hornets and their former owner Laurence Bassini were charged by the Football League last year and the private hearing began on January 28.
The panel finished hearing evidence from the relevant parties at the end of January, however, a decision has yet to be announced.
Last Monday (25th), Watford's chief executive Scott Duxbury said he was hopeful of hearing the outcome by Friday (1st) but club officials and fans are still none the wiser.
The Football League declined to comment once again last week after being asked when a decision would be made and also refused to comment on whether the announcement would be made public.
Watford and Bassini were charged following alleged breaches of the Football League's regulations relating to two separate transactions between the Hornets and LNOC, a finance company.
One of the allegations relates to two installments following Danny Graham's sale to Swansea City and the other transaction is for two promissory notes worth £1.8m.
In November, solicitors acting for Bassini said the charge would be "defended vigorously" and Watford chief executive Scott Duxbury was "extremely confident of a successful outcome" and does not expect a points deduction.
Click here to read about the misconduct charge in more detail.