The English Football League (EFL) says it has been assured by Leyton Orient that an agreement will be place for Monday's League Two clash with Hartlepool to go ahead.
Questions had arisen about who would pay the stricken club's medical bill, after the club doctor Craig Rosenbloom resigned last week after not being paid for two months, which needed to be settled for the game to proceed.
The Leyton Orient Fans' Trust (LOFT) told the East London Guardian Series earlier today the EFL had 'instructed' the club to contact them about the unpaid bill which covered the safety of everyone in the ground.
In the statement a EFL spokesman said: “The EFL has been in regular dialogue with officials at the Club throughout the course of today, encouraging them to find a practical and sensible solution that will ensure the safety of all supporters attending Monday’s fixture with Hartlepool United.
"The Club has this evening advised the EFL that they have an agreement in place that satisfies the requirements of the Safety Certificate.
"At no stage during today’s discussions did the EFL contact the Leyton Orient Supporters' Trust to ask for financial assistance nor would it be appropriate to do so."
LOFT said it had rejected a request as its purpose was not to pay absent owner Francesco Becchetti's bills.
In response to the EFL, the Fans Trust took to twitter and said the following: "Someone at the EFL whose name, phone number and email address we have, phoned the club today and instructed we be sought out to cover the costs.
"We will be contacting EFL CEO Shaun Harvey to seek an urgent meeting to discuss today's events."
Orient could be relegated into the National League this weekend if Hartlepool United and Cheltenham Town win on Friday, with players fighting to receive their March salaries.
It was reported earlier today that the PFA have paid half of the players wages for March but loyal staff to the O's remain in limbo.
Last month, the club were served with a winding-up petition by HMRC over an unpaid tax bill believed to be around £125,000 to £250,000.
Owner Francesco Becchetti has since paid that bill but other creditors have taken over the petition and they are due in High Court once again on Monday, June 12.
Orient are currently 10 points adrift from safety at the bottom of League Two.